Poor network coverage in Ontario, NY
pmbutter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screenshot_20220112-150513_Network Cell Info Lite.jpgThere is a new Verizon tower at 7535 Slocum Rd, Ontario, NY 14519. Though Verizon estimated to our Town Supervisor in September 2021 that it would be active in October 2021, it is January 2022 and the tower is still inactive. (See attached photo.) Cellular coverage in the area, by Verizon's admission, is "marginal" (translation: poor!). Does anyone know when this tower will be going on line?!

I was told there would be a status against ticket # RNB000010767, but I cannot find that on my Verizon account.

Photo of Slocum Rd. tower and signal strength 1/12/22

Re: Poor network coverage in Ontario, NY
pmbutter
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pmbutter, we thank you for bringing this to our attention in regard to the continued service issues that you've been having, and rest assured we will be able to help as much as we can when it comes to the network ticket you shared with us. We will be sending you a Private Note shortly to continue our discussion, and you may respond at your earliest convenience. -Kevin

0 Likes
pmbutter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unsurprisingly, Verizon has no useful status.

Screenshot_20220116-073620_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
pmbutter
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have to wonder why would Verizon take the time (theirs and mine!) to send a *private message*, requiring four messages and additional authentication... just to tell me, privately, that they can't tell me.

Wouldn't it have been faster, and more useful to the community, if they'd just posted here:

WE'RE VERIZON AND WE HAVE NO CLUE!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns too. I'd be disappointed too if I were experiencing issues with my service. I apologize. Let's continue working together to get this resolved.

While our team is checking our network service coverage in and around Ontario, NY (zip code 14519), can you tell us more about the service issues you're experiencing? (e.g., calls, text, web browsing, etc.)  Are you experiencing service issues while indoors, outdoors, or both? Please reboot your device while we're working together. Thanks. -Robert C.

0 Likes
Buffy58
Enthusiast - Level 1

Right there with you pmbutter!

I've driven by that sight for many months now to find the bars aren't any better! I've put out good money in the past to solve the problem myself in the form of an in-house signal extender. Now that's not working (verizon specific device) but with the "promise" of a possible solution with the big new tower I've put that off.

Won't hook up so I'm on the phone raising my voice and blood pressure because the person on the other end is saying "hello, hello, HELLO" so I hang up and try again, if I'm lucky I get the two beeps assuring me all is well. Same thing with my wife's brand new iPhone 13 so it isn't my personal device... or is it!  I especially like the offer to work through this together! Maybe you and I could meet there and climb up to the top, install a few missing micro chips, or program something!

I had to log on to the page with my wife's id because I don't make it a habit of aggravating myself with this  company, that's her thing, God bless Her!

I'm here trying to update that home extender, wish me luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This isn't the experience we want you to have with our service. How long has this been going on? Were you able to update your extender? -Joel

0 Likes