Re: How do I resolve a bad reception in my house?
DougHero

I use WiFi calling and still drop calls.    I am always on 1 line for wifi signal, my area is a dead zone and Verizon will not do a thing about it.   I have called 10x, they have been to my house and all i was told was...."Yup, you are in a dead zone"

0 Likes
DougHero

I use WiFi calling and still drop calls.    I am always on 1 line for wifi signal, my area is a dead zone and Verizon will not do a thing about it.   I have called 10x, they have been to my house and all i was told was...."Yup, you are in a dead zone"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DougHero, we understand how frustrating dropped phone calls can be, we're here to help. Tell us more about who has been to your phone, share all the details (ticket numbers)?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
NewOldcustomer
Contributor - Level 2

@DougHero

If you are using Wi-Fi calling and have a good home internet service you would not be dropping calls inside your house.

Wi-Fi calling is not Wi-Fi which your phone uses for data.   

Wi-Fi calling is a special feature on most current smartphones and even some of the most current basic phones. This feature allows talk and text over home wifi.  It is not on by default, you have to turn it on in your phone's settings.

I suspect you have confused 'wifi' and 'wifi calling' and do not have the feature turned on.    

If you have an iPhone 6 or newer you can turn this feature on in settings. If you have a Verizon branded Android running marshmallow or newer operating system you can turn this feature on in settings. There are also a handful of the newest Samsung flagships which allow this to be turned on in settings

0 Likes
DougHero

This all started 5 yrs ago and i do not have any report numbers.   I was told there were many reports with the same issue in my area.    I complained at that time, Verizon came out to the house, parked in front and was doing something in a van for 30mins then left.    I waited a week with no response, then called back and was told the tech ran tests and that "yes, i live in a dead zone".       At that point i said i am not getting the service i am paying for and they suggested that i "buy" a booster.    After arguing about no service and why should I BUY a booster and it should be given to me, they finally agreed.     That helped slightly, but any visitors to  my house could not log onto the booster so they all had the same issue.      3 yrs later, I upgraded my phone and was told the booster is no longer any help and to use WIFi calling to which i have the same issues of dropping calls or losing voices during the call.   

I live in a big city with no high rises and see no reason why i should be in a dead zone.    Verizon does nothing for me and i will be seeking out a new carrier since i am up for a new phone again.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If you are currently living in a n area that is identified by out technicians as having marginal coverage. Wi-Fi Calling, and Network Extender's would be the best solution. An  area with marginal coverage is an area that has been identified as having coverage issues that are caused factors such as the building material that your home is made of, large bodies of water, dense foliage, or terrain such as mountains, and tall buildings.Despite our best efforts to improve the signal the outside contributing factors mentioned continue to impede the signal. AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes