Re: Move pictures from W755 to PC
jamesw71

Does anyone know if Verizon has fixed this issue or if Motorola still blocks USB access to the PC?

I need to recover some files that were deleted from my W755 and I have a USB cable.

I downloaded Motohelper, and P2KCommander as some other sites have recommended.

P2KCommander does not load right and I haven't been able to get a list of files.

I would like to be able to connect my old W755 like I connect my Samsung Stratosphere and use data recovery software to recover the files but my computer won't recognize the USB connection when it connects?

There are no options in the W755 for USB connections even though there is software I downloaded which is suppose to support it.

The Motorola Software update says the phone is out of warranty and so will not update my software, so how do I update my software?  The site gave a link to Motorola's website to update...but no updates are listed anywhere and I couldn't find anything helpful on their website.

phone is connected

Model Number:
W755
Operator:
Verizon Wireless

Connect
Check
Update
Help
New software is available for your device, however, Motorola Software Update has detected that your device is not in warranty based on Motorola records. Updates can only proceed for devices that are within the warranty period.

Motorola Warranty Statement (pick your country first and then select warranty)

If you have proof that your device was purchased within the warranty term, click here for help.

If your device requires repair, please visit www.motorola.com/support for support information.

Any ideas?

>Phones MEID removed from image<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Move pictures from W755 to PC
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Jamesw71,

Thanks for posting in our forums. I understand your need to access files on your Motorola W755 device. I have checked my resources and I was able to locate some recommended instructions to connect your device with a computer via USB data cable using V CAST Music with Rhapsody these instructions are available on page 75 of the Motorola W755 User Guide.

I understand that you have downloaded software directly from Motorola to access your phone files as recommended by other website. Please keep in mind that we are unable to troubleshoot third party applications/software issues. Please contact Motorola for assistance with the software you installed on your device.

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes