Report poor coverage
ingleberg0522
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can I report poor coverage?   There are widespread coverage issues across the northern section of Midland, Texas (Zip 79705).   This is not a rural area.  Calls constantly drop and data coverage is all but non-existent.   This has been going on for at least the last 2 years, with multiple devices among many members of my family.   Thank you

Re: Report poor coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's 2 years too long and I'm here to help, let's look into this. Does the issue occur indoors and/or outdoors?  Does the issue occur with all or specific calls? Please tell me more  -Yani

0 Likes
ingleberg0522
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Yani, thank you for your reply.   The issue occurs both indoors and outdoors, although Wifi Calling helps immensely indoors.   All calls and data connections are affected.   I suspect it is due to the huge growth in this part of town... literally thousands of houses have been built in the last few years, and the towers are probably getting too much traffic.   My family members have all been very loyal, long-term Verizon customers -- but we may have to consider switching to another provider if we continue to be unable to use our phones in the north section of town.   Thank you for researching the issue.

0 Likes
MSpangler07

I don't mean to hijack your thread here by any means, but I'd like to add another city to this:

Palm Coast, FL (32164 area code)

Same as above reasons; poor coverage and LTE access. Even the local Verizon store has no LTE service outside their booster in-store (and calls are very choppy; hard to understand clearly). My home has a very weak connection as well 5 miles away from the store. Over two year issue here too (we moved here two years ago).

0 Likes
SourceConsulting
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. Plus I am adding my gripe on issues I dealt with in upgrading my old 4g phone to 5g. Long story short, I wish I hadn’t upgraded at all as 5g service is non existent in my home. My 4g phone worked for 8+yrs inside my home, no issues with cell service. The phone still worked but OS could not be upgraded anymore. So I upgraded to the Moto One 5g. The new 5g phone got ZERO bars of reception inside my home. I would have to walk outside to the end of the driveway, catch a couple bars, then make a call and walk back into my home. Wierd. I tried two different phones and sim cards thinking I got a bad one, same problem. Multiple calls and texts to tech support, still zero bars. I can only use the 5g phone inside my home with wifi calling. Unfortunately the power and internet has gone out here which means I have no phone when that happens. I work from home so this is not acceptable. Although having to rely on wifi calling on a brand new 5g phone is unacceptable to me too.  After hours of calls to Verizon tech support their solution was to send a network extender (which after ordering this device twice, I never received, even with an order number being provided). But a network extender plugs into my wifi router so this will be no help if power or internet go down. Plus if I can use wifi calling off the router, what use is it really? One rep tried to convince me that my 5g phone is like a “baby” that needs to be on a bottle for a temporary amount of time, the bottle being the network extender. This sounded crazy to me, but I was willing to try it. Never got to try it as they never sent the promised extender. By this time the 30 day return window closed so I am stuck with the 5g phone that can only work via wifi in my home. After a few weeks of using the new phone and subsequent power outtages that left me with no service I had to break down and purchase another 4g phone to have as a backup in case power/internet goes out. I have elderly parents that need to be able to contact me 24/7 so this was a worry for me. It is sad that I had to go through all this simply because I chose to upgrade my 8yr old 4g phone that worked fine, it just was too old to upgrade anymore. I am also disappointed in Verizon for saying the solution was to use a network extender which they said would send for free and never did. The true problem here is the 5g service in my area is bad. I am also realizing 5g has issues working indoors in general. And this becomes obvious since my 4g phone can connect fine and its 8yrs old. What is even more disappointing is the brand new 5g phone does not have enough 4g backwards compatible bands so it will work in my home. And I am also now having issues with people saying they cannot hear me on calls AND to add insult to injury, the camera on this particular phone is now malfunctioning. All outside 30 day window and I still owe on it. I have been with Verizon for over 20 years and never had more problems than this last upgrade. And I am left with brand new equipment that does not do what its supposed to do. Awful.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is never the experience we want you to have with us! When were you meant to receive the Network Extender? What is your ZIP Code? We're here to help.

*Breanna

0 Likes
SourceConsulting
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I upgraded around the beginning of May 2021 and was calling tech support immediately so I assume the extender would have been ordered sometime Mid May? They did not tell me when it would arrive but its been over 3mo now. My zip is 93067.

The cell service here has never been great, but like I said, my 8yr old 4g phone worked fine inside my home even on one bar. I could also use the hotspot function on it which was a lifesaver during the fires and mudslides (when power went out) that happened in this area a few years ago. My 5g phone is useless if the wifi or electricity go out. I guess I am a little more sensitive to being without cell service because I realize what a lifeline it is other services are out. I also expected my brand new phone to be as reliable or more so than my old phone. Not the case at all. And Im not happy I had to buy a 2nd 4g phone to have as backup. Expensive and hugely inconvenient.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, ingleberg0522. Please send us a private message to better assist. ~Baldo

0 Likes
ingleberg0522
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Baldo.   I just sent a private message with a link to this thread.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! Dealing with service issues can certainly be a headache. No worries, we are here to help. When did the problem start? What recent changes have you made? Aside from the calls, any other issues (texts/data)? ~Gilbert

0 Likes