SMS length cut off and no concatenated SMS
a_gunslinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to be able to send data from a web form to my SMS before last update.  Now its truncating the form data coming to me as text.  At the very least, shouldnt it be concatenating the message into to multiple?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SMS length cut off and no concatenated SMS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to continue enjoying your SMS service the same way you did before the last update, a_sunslinger. We need more information about this issue in order to explore ways to resolve. What is your phone model? What messaging application do you use? How exactly do you send SMS from a web form?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
a_gunslinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.

Escalated to Tier 2 via phone as well.  Havent heard a thing back.  Im using a Galaxy S6.  Tried the default Samsung messaging app, tried Message + (Samsung/Verizon) and a third party messaging app - all to see if one allows full text.  None of them let it all thru.  Verizon seems to be truncating at a character limit, and also not splitting into multiple.  This is just a basic web html form.  Actually built the form in 3 formats: HTML on my own, Jotform, and Formsite.  All of them send data fine to email or other destination, except Verizon SMS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you providing the additional details on the concern a_gunslinger. There is a character limit for sms message. Are there other options to have the form filed out other than text entry?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
a_gunslinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.  Shouldnt it concatenate if too long though?  No other option, we need the submitted form data to go to an sms text message to a particular phone.

0 Likes