Scam Call from 1-833-543-0368 threatening arrest warrant if don't call back.
LanaeK

Scam Call Warning:

Received a call on my Verizon wireless service that was labeled Possible Spam.  The Number from which the call came was shown as 1-833-543-0368.  I did not answer.  I do not answer any numbers I do not recognize.  They left a voice message.  It was a male voice.  Message said: "Get back to me on my department division number that is 833-543-0368.  I repeat 833-543-0368 now if I don't hear a call from you we will have to issue and arrest warrant under your name and get you arrested. So get back to me as soon as possible. Thank You..."

I followed Verizon's advice to hold down on the call and I would get options to have it reported as spam and blocked.  I blocked the number myself.  Verizon's instructions did not work.

0 Likes
Re: Scam Call from 1-833-543-0368 threatening arrest warrant if don't call back.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LanaeK, we can understand how alarming it can be to receive a Spam Phone Call in this manner. Blocking the phone number is a great option, however, if the caller is calling from another number, that call would still go through. 

You will have the opportunity to shut down spam with our Call Filter feature https://vz.to/2IQ12y7. This will allow you to detect and filter spam calls.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes