Service degradation over last six months
cwebb95

Has anyone else experienced a very marked drop in cell service levels since the beginning of the year? I'm in Boston and I get terrible service. I've always raved about Verizon service for the years we've had it but this year it's been awful.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Service degradation over last six months
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cwebb95 First and foremost, I want to personally thank for your loyalty to Verizon over the years. It means alot to us. We want to ensure that you continue to get the service you that you rave about to other people. What is happenning with your service exaclty? Also, provide us with the zip code you are in so we can take a look at your area.
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cwebb95

I get terrible data service...really non-existent at times. I've been through this with the techs at Verizon just a few weeks ago--zip code investigation, etc.--but all I was told was that my area was a low coverage area. It certainly wasn't before and it's in the middle of Boston. Boston simply cannot be seen as a "low coverage area". Truth is, it's not just at my house. It's everywhere. It's not my phone because my wife has the same issue. It's the service.

Verizon needs to do something to remedy this degradation. More towers, more bandwidth...I don't know but I'm really considering switching services.

0 Likes
ncsdiver

ABSOLUTELY! We live in the middle of 27712, for years we have had iffy 3G mostly to occasionally 4G service.. I was contacted by a regional director several years ago after I responded negatively to a survey about the coverage.. He was very diligent in sending a technician out to survey the area. voila, the service improved dramatically!!  Then we had a storm about 8mos. later and boom, poor service again.. but what struck me is that someone else has noticed that there has been a significant decrease even worse than before over the last few months..  I mean before, I could get 3G in my driveway at least, 4G on the roof (humor intended) but now I struggle with 1X and have to move around to make 1-2 bars of 3G.  I certainly hope that Verizon is not trying to cut costs by decreasing the output power on their towers.. I see that AT&T has made great strides to improve their coverage on the east coast. Something HAS to improve or we'll take all 8 of our lines elsewhere.  We have been very loyal customers for 15 years, but even loyal customers have limits.  And as I know someone from Verizon does read these, yes, I have reported it through customer service with no resolution.  This forum seems to hold more weight than the call center.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cwebb95, I have sent you a private message. Please respond to it at your earliest convenience.
AnthonyM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ncsdiver

Apparently, I will have to take my comment and start a new topic... cwebb I hope they resolve your issues..

0 Likes
cwebb95

I have yet to receive a good answer.

Is there any plan from Verizon to address the serious data service degradation that's occurred over the last 9 months? I struggle to get any service in Boston. I've done the zip analysis but this is beyond one zip code. Even so, no place in Boston should ever be a low coverage area. My phone is not the problem either. This is a Verizon bandwidth issue.

I'm in this contract until 2017 and am hoping that I don't have to deal with this until then.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cwebb95, We want to get the service and the answers you deserve. I have sent you a private message. Please respond to it at your earliest convenience. We will like to launch a network invetigation for you. We will need some additinal information in order to do so.
AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
cwebb95

I've been through the network investigations where I give you a zip code and you tell me whether the service in that area is good or not. The problem is that there's no resolution, the service doesn't get better. You just tell me that my service stinks which is information I already knew.

It isn't a specific area that I have a problem. It's a general problem everywhere I go. The Verizon data service is much worse than it was 9 months ago. I suspect the broadband is over-capacity and until Verizon does something, the service will just get worse.

So I come back to my question, when will Verizon address the service issue?

0 Likes
jah5

This has been an issue in NY (Manhattan & Queens) the past several months also!

What used to be a constant 4 to 5 bars is now averaging between 1 and 2 bars which is why I left T-Mobile a while back!

What is happening Verizon???

Have you guys over extended your services by sub-leasing to other carriers like Spectrum?

0 Likes