Slow to no speed in afternoon
mediumgreen
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has been brought up a few times, but I'm starting a new one so that people do not think this problem was resolved last year.

I have service that is adequate during the morning.  I can do all the things I need on my phone (FB, IG, Snap, YouTube, stream songs/podcasts, view/send photos stored on the cloud, etc.) but as soon as it's lunch time (around 11 AM and later), the signal shows 2-3 bars, but the actual speeds are very very slow.  Not even usually half a Mbps.  And that's when my Speedtest app can detect a signal.  This isn't enough to stream YouTube or even scroll facebook.  Sometimes 3 or 4 text messgages come in at the exact same minute later in the afternoon.  Something is either stealing all the bandwidth or Verizon can't support 61550.

Re: Slow to no speed in afternoon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mediumgreen, thank you so much for reaching out to us today. Being able to stay connected to social media and view videos should be a simple task. I was able to check the general area with the zip code that you've provided. I was not able to see any reported outages or issues in this area. When do the data speeds seem to get back to normal (besides the morning)? Are you having trouble indoors and outdoors? Please provide me with more details. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Rlgerstner
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. I switched recently to Verizon and work in Lakeland, Florida and noticed that between 12 and 2 the data slows down tremendously to the point where I can't even load web pages without waiting a while. I can't watch YouTube or check Facebook either and YouTube will constantly stop or buffer, which is annoying.  The bars are the same too, like 3 or 4 bars, but just really slow service. I like to listen to YouTube videos throughout the day and can't do that at lunch time, which is frustrating. I think I'll switch back to Metro once my contract ends.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rlgerstner, 

I can understand how important your speed is to you. We want to gather a few clues first. Does this happen the same time and place everyday? Are we indoors or outdoors? Do you have access to Wi-Fi at this location?

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
Dcdsktd

I have the same problem,  to the point where we aren't renewing our contract next month. Ours was fine for about a year then about 8 months ago it started getting so bad it's only useable in the middle of the night. I've called numerous times and was given many excuses with no fix. The last time the tech told me a mountain must of grown up (overnight) to block the signal 🤦🏻‍♀️ I've given up hope on Verizon

0 Likes
Ek14

I have the exact same problem.  Everything was fine for over a year and the past few months  it started and around lunchtime my speeds become completely slow and impossible to work.  I have received no help from Verizon when I call in. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing that you are having issue with your data speeds concerns us  We never want any of our customers to have to endure this.  Please allow us the opportunity to look into this to seek a resolution.  Can you please send us a Private Message? *Lisa

0 Likes
dabigin

on 5Gon 5Gon Spectrumon Spectrum

I'm in Temple Texas, on wireless 5g. I live between Scott and White and the VA Hospital. This test was when I was inside, when I went outside the Download went up to 7mbps and not much higher than the upload shown. I am 100% sure I'm not on wifi when I do these tests and you can see that from the screenshots. I was curious as to what could be done in regards to lower speeds. I also wonder what is causing this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dabigin,

Thanks for the visuals and sorry to hear you are having trouble at a specific time of day. That's a very observant detail. How long has this been a concern? Are there any other Verizon Wireless customers you know of with similar concerns nearby?

-Arya

0 Likes
dabigin

Apparently people in my area with Verizon are having the same issue. But it could be how many people are using the network bogging it down. I've had slow speeds ever since I got my phone. It could be that covid has everyone on their cell phones network. Would have to see I guess. What the speeds I should be achieving with 5g?

0 Likes