Spam calls
DonkeyVonW
I have received spam calls sporadically and just tolerated them. I use the call filter which sometimes labels them as spam. For some reason I have received 11 spam calls in the last 3 days. Anyone else seeing a sharp rise in these calls. It has become really annoying.
0 Likes
Re: Spam calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how frustrating those spam calls can be. Our Call Filter app is designed to help with those calls. To help improve your experience with this feature we strongly urge you to report those calls. This information helps us improve our spam detection service.

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
RhondaNMarshall

I received notification about 5 days ago that the Verizon Spam Filter was now active on my phone - I didn't request it and didn't activate it but now it's there.  I too, received sporadic spam calls until this was activated/installed by Verizon, in the past 4 days I've had 13!  In the past 5 minutes, I've had 3 calls!  I feel like the spam filter app published my number so that every spammer is now calling me! 

Very frustrated! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I've had my share of unwanted spam calls, RhondaNMarshall. We're here to help with these bothersome interruptions. Have you recently purchased a new phone? If so, you are auto-enrolled in the free version of Call Filter with your device purchase. Additional details can be found here: https://vz.to/2uV06Te. You have the option to use Call Filter (either the free or paid subscription) or you may opt-out if you prefer not to use the service. In my personal experience, the app has stopped the majority of incoming spam calls.

In reference to your information, please know that customer privacy and security is our top priority. We are on your side, especially when it comes to spam calls and robocalls. We do not sell nor list your personal information or your cell phone number in any way. Have you considered using the Call Filter app to help with the incoming spam calls that you're receiving?

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes