Switching from a Business Account to a Personal Account
bradleylovin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had my phone line with my organization for the last two years, and my wife's line has been with my organization for a little more than six months.   I am leaving the organization, and I would like to establish my account with Verizon.  I want to transfer these numbers, but I am disappointed that I cannot take advantage of any deals.  

As a veteran, I started my search on Verizon's veteran portal at www.verizon.com/veterans.  There is an option to keep my phone and get a certified used iPhone 12 if I was transferring my service.  However, I have been told that I am not moving or starting service because those numbers are with Verizon already.

The complicated solution is to port the numbers over to another service and then take advantage of the current deal.  Then port my number back in if necessary.  Or I could just move to a different carrier to take advantage of their deal instead of Verizon.  We have been pleased with Verizon, but this is very disappointing.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switching from a Business Account to a Personal Account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We thank you for your service, and as consumers we can relate to how important a deal can be, and would never want to see you leave our family. Since the lines are existing lines of service, a new line promotion wouldn't apply. We can always see what promos you are eligible for once the lines are on moved to a personal account. Has this been completed yet?

-Arya

0 Likes
bradleylovin
Enthusiast - Level 2

No it has not.  I am thinking that I should just establish my personal account with AT&T and take advantage of their promotions.  The service rates are the same, but I can walk in with our phones and trade it for a new iPhone 13, and have the activation fee waived.

0 Likes
bradleylovin
Enthusiast - Level 2

No it has not.  I am thinking that I should just establish my personal account with AT&T and take advantage of their promotions.  The service rates are the same, but I can walk in with our phones and trade it for a new iPhone 13, and have the activation fee waived.

While Verizon may not see it as a new line, it is a new line of service for me.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bradleylovin, the last thing we want to see you do is leave. Overall, what are you looking for Verizon to do for you today? We want to ensure  your concerns are heard, addressed and resolved so let's ensure we have a clear understanding of what you would like to resolve this issue. 

-Nicci

0 Likes
bradleylovin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I am setting up a new service, I would prefer to set up a similar promotion to someone getting Verizon for the first time.    This would be either in consideration that we are bringing two phones with us and trading them in for upgraded phones under a contract option or utilizing our current phones.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
bradleylovin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I am setting up a new service, I would prefer to set up a similar promotion to someone getting Verizon for the first time.    This would be either in consideration that we are bringing two phones with us and trading them in for upgraded phones under a contract option or utilizing our current phones.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will need to complete a Transfer of Service from the business account to a new personal account.

https://www.verizon.com/support/transfer-your-service/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to ensure that you are fully informed of your options and to provide you with accurate information and an excellent experience, bradleylovin. Your transfer from a Verizon business account to a Verizon personal account does not qualify for promotions available for new customers as you are a Verizon Wireless customer already, I apologize for any previous confusion. -Antonio

0 Likes
bradleylovin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am actual not a Verizon customer.  The business I work for is a Verizon customer.  I am deciding which carrier my family will use when I leave the organization.  

0 Likes