First off, I had been a customer of Verizon Wireless for years before jumping to AT&T for a $100/month reduction in my family plan. I loved Verizon, their service, the people I spoke to whenever I had a question or problem, but they would not budge on reducing my monthly costs. After I jumped to AT&T I had experienced what I thought was the worst customer service ever, and I regretted ever making the change, but it seems now Verizon may be using the same playbook as AT&T. Getting anything done is painfully slow and no one returns calls. Issues are not logged so the next agent can pick up where the previous one left off. And sorry, but the off-shore team is not empowered to make any decisions and unless you can get someone on-shore, it's just a series of big arm motions that is really frustrating.
Background: On Black Friday I purchased 5 new lines, trading in 5 phones, and would be receiving three streaming services for the expected cost of around $200/month. In addition, I would be able to receive a $400 rebate on the payoff amount of my phones with AT&T. Sounds great!
First, one of the 5 phones was back-ordered and arrived weeks after the first four arrived. I started receiving USPS mail from Verizon Finance asking why I had not activated my phones. Obviously, with 5 lines to activate for the family, I preferred to activate them all at once, set up the app, voicemail, and streaming services in one go.
Then the issues began....
1. Verizon set up a sub-account which prevented me from seeing all my lines in the MyVerizon app and created a situation where I had to pay two separate bills
2. Once the lines were activated, I registered for all my streaming services through the app and started watching some of my favorite shows. However, when Verizon finally was able to link my two accounts they created into one, it blew up the streaming accounts and now I am unable to login to any without having to "renew my subscription."
3. Trade-ins were sent back to Verizon and UPS tracking shows them all received, yet it has been weeks without any status update and when I request status through the useless ChatBot they use, I am asked if I'd like more shipping materials and that my trade has not been sent back.
4. My submission for the rebate to switch to Verizon has been delayed because they did not apparently like the AT&T receipt I received from the AT&T store detailing the payoff amounts of 4 Apple XR's, and they wanted proof of my AT&T service being end dated. I provided this information and some other screen shots from the AT&T site which is not impossible to access past bills due to my account being closed.
5. During one of my 3 hour sessions with the off-shore team trying to fix these issues, I was told I could reduce my bill by $50 if I set up autopay by linking my banking account to pay. This would not be eligible for the first bill, but my second bill would see this credit, and each bill thereafter. Today I received an email saying my next bill estimate is available and (wait for it...) no credit appears.
I can accept some delays in processing and I have been told that all my credits will be applied to the amounts previously paid - we'll see if I can figure that out! I can understand that some additional details may be required to support a submitted receipt. I can understand a glitch with the app or streaming services being interrupted when fixing another problem. But I cannot accept how poorly the response has been to address each of these issues as a single massive problem which is costing me a lot of money, aggravation, and wasted time whenever I contact Verizon support.
I know Verizon set up this portal to allow frustrated customers to vent and not actually have to address the issue directly, but my hope is that someone at Verizon sees how much personal time I have taken to share this experience with all of you and recognizes how annoyed I must be to spend this much time on a post instead of spending time doing something productive.
Based on the support so far, I am not expecting a call back, but it would be the right thing to do.
Hello there! I'm really sorry to read about the whole situation. I understand this can be frustrating, and we'd love to help in any way we can. Please reply to our private note to better assist you. ~Aaron
Slight progress made on Saturday when I spoke to the staff and they put me in touch with tech support, but still have not heard back from anyone since….
Problem still not resolved and cannot access my streaming services.
No direction on how to send you a “private” note, but maybe, someone could actually call me from Verizon and help me solve the problem instead of continuing this chat… It should be very concerning that this issue has been taking pace for weeks now and I am no closer to having my services restored.
Hello there again urikhai and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I sent you a private message for additional assistance. We thank you for your patience. -Candice