TRADE-IN Issue
AS2022
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband and I sent to Verizon our 2 perfectly fine iPhones for a trade-in on January 8, 2022. The phones were 2 iPhone XR 128GB, like new, gently used for only 1 year, perfectly working. We should have received $800 for each of them, and instead since then we have been paying monthly installments for our new phones! We didn't receive anything for our phones, which have been stolen from us by Verizon. In the last 8 months my husband has spent hours on the phone talking with Verizon's representatives, every time they confirm receipt of our phones as well as our right to receive a credit for them, but we still pay in full for our new phones and haven't received anything for the phones we sent to Verizon. We also asked to have our phones back at this point, but Verizon refuses. You promise $800 for each phone, we send them, you keep them and don't give us anything for them: this is stealing by fraudulent means!

We have pictures of our phones front and back. They have been stolen by Verizon, a public company that has organized such a big fraud against its customers.

I am contacting the FTC and the State's
Attorney General. I had a $800 quote for each of the 2 phones we sent and they ended up giving us nothing.

We'll never stop fighting against Verizon until we receive our $1600 for our phones. 

0 Likes
Re: TRADE-IN Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Do you have your Submission ID?

*Harley

0 Likes
AS2022
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. Following are the submission IDs for the two phones:

Iphone XR 128 Black:

Iphone XR White:         

I have discussed about this issue with Verizon representatives many times, provided IMEI and submission IDs. Each representative confirmed promotion eligibility, receipt of the phone and credit issue, and promised to fix the problem within 24/48hrs. Each time I spent hours on the phone and have been methodically and consistently lied. The fact is Verizon took our phones and never paid what was due. This is stealing. 

In addition, I had requested the length of the contract to be 18 mo. but Verizon wrongfully assigned me a 24 mo. contract and refused to change it, even after acknowledging the mistake.

I thought Verizon was a reputable company but reading all posts in this community and the thousands of similar feedback online, it appears that my experience is not a one-off but quite a recurring occurrence when dealing with Verizon. This is poor management at best.

I expect a quick resolution of the issue, otherwise we will report the issue to the attorney general,and FTC.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sending a Private Note to you. Please respond to me there, so we can get to the bottom of this for you.

*Crystal

0 Likes
AS2022
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE: following my post, a Verizon representative connected with me to offer support. She asked info about myself, Verizon account, trade-in and device, including submission ID and IMEI.  The entire process lasted about 2hrs and the representative confirmed that:

i) apparently IMEI info were missing, which is strange given I have provided it 3 times on my previous calls

ii) it is very clear that I am owed the promotions

iii) submission for both phones have been sent to the “promotion team” 

iv) credit will be applied to my account over next 7 days

I went through the same exact process for already 4 times in total (including yesterday) over last 9 months. Every time I find a representative that wants to “go to the bottom of this issue” and is “very detailed”. Each time the call ends with the confirmation that submission of the promotion has been made and credit will apply (the only change is that now it will take 7 days vs. 24/48 hrs promised on previous calls). Same protocol, same script, same language, same false promises. 

Important note: This time I did not take representative’s word for granted (“I assure you that your account has been documented thoroughly and has been submitted”) and asked for ticket/case ID and submission ID but apparently there is no reference number whatsoever available in the Verizon ERP system for this kind of events (really?!).

I will wait 7 days to see if credit will be applied this time. However, I continue to be very skeptical given my experience with Verizon over the last 9 months. I do believe that this is a scheme, well organized with specific protocols and scripts. I hope to be wrong. If nothing happens this time as well, I will move forward and file a formal complaint with attorney general and FTC, while moving forward with legal actions on fraud basis. 

AS2022
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE: it has been more than 10 days and no change has been made to the account. As expected, Verizon continues to detain our phones without paying what’s due. We’ll move forward with formal report to FTC and attorney general for fraud. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you reaching out to us. Please send a private message so we can further assist you with your concern.   *Mabell

0 Likes
jennk1
Contributor - Level 1

Did you ever receive your trade in credits?   I am having a long series of issues with my 4 trade-ins and am similarly concerned this is a form of fraud - or a deceptive trade/sales practice which is illegal.   

Here is my initial post on these boards and although they immediately contacted me and have made attempts to fix the issues, here I am weeks later and still don’t have resolution:

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Wireless-Services/Trade-In-kits-not-recieved-FOUR-times-fin...

My latest communication took over 3 hours and they promised they created a “ticket” and would be resolved in 24 hours.   I’m not holding my breath.   My final comments in the chat were asking them to assure me that my experience and comments would be shared with the executive management team and warned them that I was concerned they were at risk of engaging in illegal deceptive sales practices.   They ended the chat without response - AKA they hung up on me.

Please consider submitting a complaint to the FCC so there is evidence of a pattern of behavior that can be investigated.  

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

0 Likes
AS2022
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never received the credit for the trade in. ZERO. I am filing the complaint. This is a fraud.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AS2022, this is concerning and I am here to help.  I would be just as concerned and frustrated if I was expecting a promotion and not receiving it.  How long ago did you upgrade/add a new line and process the trade-in?  What was the promotion you were supposed to take advantage of?

-Santo

0 Likes