Re: Terms and Conditions not Required for order
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the issue you are having, we never want to hear this. I want to make sure I understand, so the order the last representative tried to put through didn't go through?

0 Likes
jhalp

So I’ve given up and chosen to just stick with my current phone. The amount of time sitting on hold away from my family is most definitly not worth what I’ve been through.

Let me restate what I’ve already said... I ordered a 12 pro 256. Arrived 12/1. While within the 14 day “worry free” period, I chose to call and exchange for the 12 pro 512 gig for the extra storage. I put that order through and was told because Verizon already received my iPhone 8 trade that I could use the 12 pro until the new phone arrived. Additionally, the new phone was backordered.

I get the email and notice in the “My Verizon” app that I need to accept the Terms and Conditions (T&Cs). When I would click to accept... I would get a pop up stating “Terms and conditions are not required for this order”. I called back, after hours of holding, the rep finally said not to worry, everything with the order is fine on Verizon’s end.

Guess what? Everything want fine. Verizon puts a cancellation date on the T&C acceptance. Because I COULDNT accept the T&Cs my exchange order cancelled. 

I called again. After another round of being on the phone for HOURS, a re put the exchange order through 2 more times. I was even sent to attempt to manually accept the T&Cs which also did not work. Again, even after all of that I still couldn’t accept the T&Cs. But again, rest assured said the rep, everything is fine on our end and “Im even going to create an IT Ticket for this” and that should take care of it. Again, the T&C accept by date came and went and so did another cancelled order. NO ONE even tried to follow up with me from the IT Ticket etc.

Finally, I decided to try my luck in store, in person. The sales rep and manager told me it’s never going to work because as long as I have my 12 pro 256 that I want to exchange in hand the order won’t work. Except, I kept being told to hold on to the phone because Verizon had my iPhone 8. 

After enough time passed in store trying to come to a conclusion, and yes, even while in store, we still had to call customer service over the phone and once again listen to that god aweful hold music because Verizon doesn’t have it setup so the in store reps can handle what they need too. I gave up!!

Side bar note for anyone reading this with the same issue... once the rep on the phone puts you on hold again, after a certain period of time the phone system automatically puts you back into que so another rep picks up and the garbage starts all over again. Constant cycle of dead end.

I will never pursue a trade in or purchase plan through the cell company again. I’d rather go through Apple direct and pay out right. Customer service is long gone anymore. Had I not already had thousands of dollars in devices already tied to my Verizon account, I would have been switching to AT&T.

VERIZON reps reading this... Look at all the notes on my account. Escalate my case up the chain and explain to your powers to be that NO ONE should ever have to have an experience like this.

0 Likes
senwen

jhalp,

The same exact thing is happening to me!

Did you ever get it resolved? If so, how did Verizon resolve issue?

I placed order #4375878 on 19th and it was suppose to arrive by 22nd for xmas but when I logged in system said I did not accept terms but I did because it was required before I could pay for order and complete order with chat sales rep.

When I logged in web site to check order status page said order was going to auto cancel on the 28th because I did not accept terms so I contacted support. I talked to literally over a dozen phone, chat, and social chat reps and countless hours. I tried accepting terms again, they sent me manually links, etc and nothing worked because it was already accepted in this system. I got different answers based on who I was talking to. Basically a couple reps told me there was a glitch in their system and one system things I accepted and another thinks I have not and it happened to other people too. They filed tickets to resolved. They opened itts ticket 7582044 and OTS tickets 222467 for escalation.

I called back and they said issue was resolved but when I logged in my account still showed order cancelling on Dec 28th so I called again and escalated to support manager and he said best thing was to cancel order and place new one. We went ahead and cancelled and placed new order 10283432 and guess what!!! Same issue and order is waiting for terms but this time new order is not even on my account page when I log in but I am getting automated emails about needing to accept terms and when I clicked thru I get "Max reads reached" yellow banner. When I can in to use phone to accept I get message saying "I see notes on your account and will connect you asap" .... and as of this writing I am on hold for 1:05 hours.  That is how I found this message, I was googling while I was waiting. I expect phone to disconnect or get rerouted if I connect after certain amount of time - the same thing that happened to you is what is happened to me on previous calls.

On top of this infinite issue of not accepting terms, as part of my original order I had to upgrade my three plans to get $800 off deal and since rep had to cancel order I don't see that offer in my estimated bills for next month because I assume my plans no longer qualify since it was already changed.

So frustrating!

No only did order not arrive by xmas as sales chat rep mentioned(I have copies of chat log) but now order is stuck in a black hole.

Did you end up switching to another carrier or stay? I will likely switch to t-mobile if I can get a microcell from them since I am in rural area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! I'm sorry to learn of the issues with your orders, senwen! We don't want to lose you as our customer! We've sent a Private Note to best assist. -Nikki

0 Likes