Thanks for cutting my service during pandemic
JSTRAW11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both AT&T (NYSE:T) and Verizon (NYSE:VZ) have pledged to not shut off service for any customers even if they can't pay their wireless, internet, or home bills for the next 60 days.

Well they shut my service off today

more lip service from verizon

Re: Thanks for cutting my service during pandemic
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@JSTRAW11 wrote:

Both AT&T (NYSE:T) and Verizon (NYSE:VZ) have pledged to not shut off service for any customers even if they can't pay their wireless, internet, or home bills for the next 60 days.

Unfortunately, it is apparent that you have to confirm with Verizon that you are affected in order to qualify for this.  A complaint should be registered with the FCC so they can investigate.

COVID-19 Confirm.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
rcschnoor
Legend

@JSTRAW11 wrote:

Did you request the waiver for your bill. Just like AT&T and other providers, Verizon just doesn't ignore that you didn't pay your bill. Those who requested a waiver for their late bill are getting it and keeping their service. Those who don't request the waiver will likely get their service shut off.

0 Likes
Skywreaker
Enthusiast - Level 1

You Cut my service today while I was an hour from home. I lost the ability to make calls and use data. Any attempt to try and contact Verizon only lead me to automation demanding a payment for my service to resume. I had to drive home to get WiFi, use FaceTime to borrow money I don’t have to pay a bill just so I could call Verizon to complain. You’re costumer support agent never mentioned the promise Verizon made to the FCC, he put it on me. 
I am a disabled veteran who uses my phone for medical purposes. You weren’t supposed to take my money, but you forced me to give you something I didn’t have. 

Im not going to drop this, someone needs to make this right.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JSTRAW11, we certainly want you to stay connected. I am sorry to learn that your services was suspended. Did you contact us directly or filled out the form made available here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/covid-19-faqs/ (under the header ‘Important policy information) to ensure the services were not suspended? Additionally, I see you posted this message a few days ago were you able to get the services reconnected?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

JSTRAW11, we certainly want you to stay connected. I am sorry to learn that your services was suspended. Did you contact us directly or filled out the form made available here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/covid-19-faqs/ (under the header ‘Important policy information) to ensure the services were not suspended? Additionally, I see you posted this message a few days ago were you able to get the services reconnected?

TionnaB_VZW

@vzw_customer_support , @tionnab_vzw  Have you actually looked at the 'form to be filled out' referred to in the FAQ link you provided?  There is NO data to be entered in a form, only a CONFIRM button to click on.  Look at it so you don't provide inaccurate information the next time.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Actually, confirming that you want the waiver IS data that must be entered. Otherwise, you will be required to pay your bill by the scheduled due date or face having your service interrupted. Verizon isn't just suspending payments for ALL of their customers, you must first request it.

0 Likes
BucknerSanFrancisco
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a shell game. If you carefully, and I do mean, very carefully follow all the messages put out by the Verizon PR department regarding not having service interruptions or late fees charge, you will eventually find the statement that says any wireless, residentual, or business customers experience hardship due to the Covid pandemic with need to just fill out a short form one time, and just by the submission of the short form, that will server as notification to Verizon that you need the hardship assistance offer to not interrupt service or charge a late fee. BUT, cleverly buried in one place, and I do mean only one place is the following slight change: 

"Waived late fees and overage charges:  As stated above, Verizon will waive late fees and overage charges for 60 days from March 16 to May 13 for customers and small businesses* who let us know they are unable to pay as a result of economic hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and we will not terminate service to those customers.

Verizon is extending its commitment to keep our customers connected through June 30.

This means we will neither terminate service nor charge late fees to our postpaid wireless, residential, and small business customers that notify us of their inability to pay their bills due to disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic."

DO YOU SEE THE ONE WORD CHANGE? it is the single word "postpaid" in the final sentence. And that is the only place in all the MANY places this promise is found on your site, your support, your advertising, even the emails from you CEO, where you can find that one extra word inserted "postpaid"... So allow me to translate... IF YOU ARE A PREPAID WIRELESS CUSTOMER, JUST DROP DEAD ALREADY. And just to make it extra hard to tell on us, here at Verizon, if you are prepaid and try to click that link to the "Short Form" to notify us of hardship, You will always get a blank white page with the same error message every time: 

{"errorName":"null","errorCode":"99","errorMessage":"java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException","timestamp":"Apr 29, 2020 3:27:37 PM"}

Now THAT, is what we call the VERIZON SERVICE GUARANTEE... 

Really it is a guarantee that the most vulnerable group using your service, the prepaid wireless group (the lowest income customers you have), we are messed up, we are continually reminded we are getting fingered by a barrage of lies, and we can not cry out that we are being diddled because you have convoluted the system and skillful hidden your tricks to make it beyond any amount of effort for any entity with the power to check your abuse on the meek by doing any meaningful investigation of this scam.    

So thank you, RONAN, but do us pity people, a solid, mate... can you at least stop sending us the same garbage email about how you won't interrupt our service ?? At least give us that shred of decency.. you can go ahead and keep lying about your altruism to the media, we don't care, we're used to being diddled in that manner, but please, enough with the dingo-ate-my-baby emails about it.

rcschnoor
Legend

Possibly I am missing something here, but when signing up for pre-paid I was under the impression you don't have to provide your name, address or any billing information. You can simply purchase your plan as you go with no way for Verizon to contact you in order to get additional funds. While Verizon can request additional funds, the pre-paid customer is under no obligation to provide them. If you forget to pay, your service is simply cut off at the end of your pre-paid period.

IF this is the case, how is Verizon to collect the money for all of the service provided once the COVID-19 panic is over and many of the pre-paid customers simply refuse to pay since they have no obligation to do so. They don't have your name, billing address or any contract that you actually owe them any money. So basically, any pre-paid customer could simply not pay and get service at no cost.

If Verizon were to offer this to pre-paid customers, it would basically have to collect information from all of its pre-paid customers as if they are post-paid customers such as name, address, SS#, etc... in order to ensure it would eventually get paid after the pandemic ends. I suppose it could be done, but it is not as easy as for the post-paid customers where Verizon already has all of that information and for many pre-paid customers, they would not be willing to part with that information. While not all pre-paid customers fall into this category, many prefer this sort of arrangement BECAUSE of the anonymity. First, all of the pre-paid customers would have to agree to a different sort of service agreement.

0 Likes
Leonindago

B102472F-D8D6-4124-B1EC-7A92E422D9A3.png

Still got my service shut off.  

0 Likes