Trade-In Credit Issue
Brett13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good day,

On January 14th, 2021, I received confirmation on a Trade-in of my Samsung S9+ for the amount of $439.99 after purchasing a new IPhone 12 at full cost. After 3 months, I still had not received my monthly billing credit. Credit was supposed to be $18.33 for 24 months off my account's bill. I spent hours with phone support, online chat support and Trade-in people attempting to get this credit applied. Every time I contacted Verizon (over 5 times) they informed me that they were escalating and that the issue would be resolved within a week. Today, on 15 April, 2021, a full three months after Verizon accepted my Trade-in, I was informed that this promo was only if I was making payments on the new IPhone 12 I purchased through Verizon. I paid for the new IPhone in full and unfortunately I would not be getting the Trade-in value as was stated. All Verizon offered was $92 instead of the $439.99 that was promised. This was very misleading and I am extremely unhappy with Verizon. Every single time I called or was in online chat with a Verizon rep, I was promised this would be taken care of. $92 is a far cry from $439.99. What it boils down to is I should have been told that I needed to have monthly payments by the sales rep who sold me the new IPhone to get this Trade-In promotion and was not!  Further, Verizon should NOT have accepted my Trade-In in the first place knowing that I paid in full for the new phone.  I don't expect to see this rectified, I just wanted put this out there in case others are possibly wanting to Trade-in your phone while buying a new phone outright through Verizon without a payment plan that Verizon obviously wants you to have when buying a phone through them.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trade-In Credit Issue
Brett13
Enthusiast - Level 1

The issue has been resolved, but only after I submitted a complaint through the BBB.  The BBB forwarded the complaint to Verizon and in turn I was contacted by Verizon Wireless Executive Relations.  They apologized on behalf of Verizon and offered to apply full credit of the $439.99 I was promised minus the $92.00 I was given.  A credit $347.99 was then applied to my account.  It should have never had to reach this level. This could have, and should have been rectified without a need for me to file a complaint with BBB.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly appreciate your feedback, and I would be equally frustrated if I didn't get the credit I was expecting. You are correct, details such as this should be disclosed at the time of purchase, I apologize that it was not. As well, we should have provided you the reason much sooner, as to why you didn't qualify for the monthly credit. We will make sure your feedback is lifted up, and we do hope that you give us another chance to win back your positive feelings. 

0 Likes
Brett13
Enthusiast - Level 1

The issue has been resolved, but only after I submitted a complaint through the BBB.  The BBB forwarded the complaint to Verizon and in turn I was contacted by Verizon Wireless Executive Relations.  They apologized on behalf of Verizon and offered to apply full credit of the $439.99 I was promised minus the $92.00 I was given.  A credit $347.99 was then applied to my account.  It should have never had to reach this level. This could have, and should have been rectified without a need for me to file a complaint with BBB.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brett13, we are glad to hear that you have received a resolution for your concern. We truly apologize for the overall experience. All of your feedback is appreciated and we will forward your concern to the proper channels. 

0 Likes