Trade-In Frustration
DeWayneReed
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really disappointed in the trade-in program with Verizon.  Received a message regarding a trade-in deal for up to $800.  We had two iPhone 11s and felt that deal would make it a great time to upgrade.  After conversations with Verizon, we were led to believe we would receive the full value of $800 for each phone.  They even quoted what our new bill would be after the trade-ins.  

Sounded line a great deal, but too good to be true.  We just received our first adjusted trade-in value and it went from $800 to $195.  A $600 difference for a phone that was in great shape.  I could have sold the phone outright for twice that amount.

I really am confident they mislead customers on purpose to sell more phones and lock you in for a longer contract on a new phone.

I am still waiting on the trade-in value of our other phone, but I am sure it will be the same issue.

Tricked us out of $1200 and now have us paying for new phones as well.

Avoid their trade-in value.  Switch carriers next time to get a better value or sell your phones elsewhere to better a better value.

Re: Trade-In Frustration
MARGOJENKINS5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing happened to me, I was told $800 per line on the phone. I’m still dealing with it, and now Verizon is accusing me of lying, acting like they never would have said that.

0 Likes
MARGOJENKINS5
Enthusiast - Level 2

3C653DDC-C0D1-4DC5-913B-EBFEDB4B7EBB.jpeg

0 Likes
DeWayneReed
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another frustration is that 2 weeks later, they had a promotion for $1000 trade-in for any phone in any condition.  If I had known I would have been tricked out of $1200, I would have waited for a better option or kept the phone I had.

0 Likes
DeWayneReed
Enthusiast - Level 2

Very frustrating for sure!  Really disappointed.  Completed the deal to lower my bill, but now my bill is going to be higher because I bought into their misleading sales.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We want to make sure that you're getting the trade-in value for your old devices. I'm sorry that there might be some frustration. We don't want you feeling this way. We would love to check the details out on your wireless account. To do so, I've sent you a Private Note. Please respond to that message.  -Kevin

0 Likes