Trade-In Not Honored/Scam Dishonest Veteran Discount Representation
aemerry
Enthusiast - Level 2

20+ year Verizon customer here - Verizon is using stalling tactics similar to health insurance companies to frustrate and wear down the customer. It is not right and is downright despicable!

I am beyond frustrated and in utter disbelief at the blatant disregard for honoring trade-in promos, the unprofessional viscous cycle of repeated calls, repeated yet unkept promises, and outright lies combined with zero explanation as to the hold up.  Add to that the barking dogs, crying children, lawn mowers, and music in the background while I wait on hold during calls lasting hours.  

Please tell me how a company as big as Verizon continues to thrive while providing such poor customer service and downright scamming their customers.

The promised May21 $440 trade-in credit and $40 military discount credit has yet to be applied. After months of calls, repeatedly talking to different reps (including a supervisor) WITH ZERO EXPLANATION, I was told yesterday that the trade-in credit did not apply due to damage to the phone.  We went to the Verizon store to purchase a new phone outright BECAUSE it was nonworking, the rep was very aware of the condition of the phone and upsold us a new phone on a device payment plan reasoning that the $440 account credit would offset the more expensive phone she was pushing.  The $40 military discount credit was allegedly never $40 but instead $20.  During a 7/21 conversation with Verizon, I was promised they would MAKE IT RIGHT by giving me a $275 trade-in credit (vs $440) and apply $20 additional credit over 30 months (device payment plan period) vs THE LIFE OF MY ACCOUNT. To date they have yet to do so.

Yesterday's conversation with Verizon ended with them telling me the promo was never applied because that promo was only for new lines. Do they not even look at our account during these conversations!!??!! This line was almost 3 years old at the time of trade-in!

I want to add that I positively know Verizon uses deceptive stalling tactics based on an experience I SHOULD HAVE LEARNED FROM a few years ago when my then-new phone started dropping calls within a few months of purchase.

After repeated calls to Verizon they convinced me my phone was faulty and to return it.  My $1300 NEW PHONE was replaced with a REFURBISHED phone and the issues continued. I eventually landed with TIER 3 technical service in which the technician informed me "oh we have known about these issues for months, it is well documented to be a problem in your area. Verizon has either lost contracts with towers in your area or the towers have been turned placing you on the fringe of coverage or both." I was given two options, they would let me out of all device payment plans and I  return all 4 new phones (losing all monies paid up to that point) or they could send me a network extender. So, pay for an upgraded internet service package to run my Verizon network extender, to enable my cellular service to work at home, using my REFURBISHED phone which I paid full retail price for...yeah, sounds about right.  What a fool I am, they must laugh all the way to the bank!

I am at my wits end. Has anyone had resolution after months of similar run around or am I taking my 10 lines and 20+ years of service elsewhere?

0 Likes
Re: Trade-In Not Honored/Scam Dishonest Veteran Discount Representation
aemerry
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the following immediate private message after this post yet I cannot expand the message or see the referenced link. 

aemerry_0-1631762195939.png

‎09-15-2021
We value your years of loyalty and truly apologize about your experience. Please use the link provided to verify your mobile account so we can take a closer look into this. By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as so
0 Likes
Re: Trade-In Not Honored/Scam Dishonest Veteran Discount Representation
aemerry
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello? Verizon rep private messaged me and the link wouldn't open.  Anyone out there?

0 Likes