Trade in Kit-4th request
dcorrington
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took advantage of the May/June offer for trade in to a 5G phone.  I got the new phone and the padded return envelope to return my old phone but no mailing label.  I tried requesting a new trade in kit through the website, then did two chats with representatives that took at least 30 minutes and now spent over an hour on the phone as none of my requests for a replacement trade in kit have resulted in actually getting a kit.   I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for over 25 years purchasing all of our devices through Verizon and have never been so frustrated!  I have been told each time that there is no way to print a label to send the trade in back and that since I ordered the new phone online, I can't get a trade in kit from a Verizon store or even get a label from them.

Now I am past the trade in return date and am getting charged for the new phone.    Extremely unhappy with this! 

0 Likes
Re: Trade in Kit-4th request
Sam921
Enthusiast - Level 2

had the same issue, they will always enter an incorrect address. verify that with customer care. They will also send shipping labels via email (Careful these guys messed up me with trade-in SCAM). 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is to receive all promotions that you qualify for. I would like to take a closer look into this for you and find a resolution. You are able to print a prepaid return label in My Verizon here: http://spr.ly/6605yiTsh Please let us know how that goes, and if you need any additional assistance.  -Jordan

0 Likes
Norsrwolf333

I have been having the same problem! I have asked for a trade in kit for over 2 weeks and I have been given the run around and despite approximately 8 attempts I have gotten nowhere. I am beyond frustrated as I originally ordered service and a phone June 30 but did not get my new phone until August 4th 2021 I have literally been battling my whole way thru and am so frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Norswolf333, I can certainly help with getting your return label printed. So we can begin, please send us a Private Note. *Jose

0 Likes
dcorrington
Enthusiast - Level 2

What do you mean in a "private note"?  And why do I need to contact you?  Why isn't one of the several people I have called, emailed, chatted with and seen in person at the Verizon Store call me?  I am the client, where is my customer service?  I still did not get a return trade in kit from the person at Verizon I spoke with while I stood in the Verizon store on the Verizon rep's cell phone for an HOUR tying up this guys line,  while some guy named Darius tried to do whatever to figure stuff out and then ASSURED me that he had ordered a kit be mailed.   Now it's an additional 3 weeks to the time I ordered the new phone back in June that I still have no return label, kit or anything so I cand send the old phone back and get the credit I am due.  I emailed Darius to let him know that I still didn't get the trade in kit and needed this situation to be Escalated.   Still no response from Verizon.    I tried everything I was asked to try from the multiple representatives I have called, emailed, seen in person at the Verizon Store and have gotten nothing but "can't send you a label", "has to be traded in by mail", "can't trade in at the store".  This is RIDICULOUS!  I have been a Verizon customer for over 30 years and can't believe this is the kind of service I am getting!  

dcorrington
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jose to date, I have still not gotten a trade in kit after 5 attempts to get one and being told by multiple reps that they are re sending.  This is ridiculous poor service on Verizon’s part .

0 Likes
dcorrington
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jordan the link doesn’t work .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dcorrington, we are sorry to learn that you have yet to receive the trade in materials as requested. Please keep in mind the material is sent via USPS and comes in a plain envelope. I mention that because some customers have not realized and have thrown it away. Have you requested the materials here https://www.verizon.com/support/trade-in-program-faqs/ review question 3 under 'Troubleshooting'. -Tionna

0 Likes