Unbelievably Terrible Customer Service, Over 8 Hours of My Life Wasted
ejohnston11
Enthusiast - Level 1

On September 9, I preordered an iPhone.  I received a confirmation email and was told the estimated delivery was September 23.  On September 16, I received an email that there was issue processing payment, so I put in my information again and the payment processed.  It is on my credit card statement.  The estimated shipping, not delivery, became September 23.  September 23 came and went with no shipping confirmation; however, the order status still says September 23, and it also says payment hasn't been processed though it most certainly has.  To date I have received no updates on my order.

I have spoken to 10+ more customer "service" agents (no real service received at all).  I've spent more than 8 hours of my time trying to resolve this.  The "service" has been unhelpful at best, actively rude at worst.  I've been yelled at, hung up on several times, and told three times a supervisor would call me yet never received a call.  I've had three tickets opened (none resolved) with each agent telling me the prior ticket was the incorrect type of ticket.  I've asked more times than I can possibly say to be transferred directly to an escalations team or a supervisor only to be told no or had my request completely ignored.  

I have truly, truly never been so frustrated with customer service. Utterly insane that this is how Verizon treats a longtime, loyal customer (or any customer at all).
Re: Unbelievably Terrible Customer Service, Over 8 Hours of My Life Wasted
DoYouTrainAnyone
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered a Pixel 6 and an S22 Ultra.  On 9/22/22 I activated the 2 devices then contacted Verizon to swap them between the lines.  At least an hour with chat, eventually the representative just stopped responding and never ended the session.  I checked my email and saw that the "troubleshooting department" was given the problem to work on and it should be fixed within 2-5 days.  There is no way to contact that department.  7 days later, and at least 3 hours of customer service, I found the pixel 6 was active, by restarting  it for the upteenth time.  I then had to call in to find out ticket was closed and they never bothered to activate s22.  9/29/22.  9/30/22 hour with Google, and get authorization for device replacement since Pixel 6 Bluetooth doesn't work.  9/30/22 from 330am to 1030am, direct constant contact with customer support.  Verifying how to replace a 2 day old device, asking for activation fees to be waived, cuz uh yeah... Asking for tablet line activation fee to be removed since it was not stated on receipt.  Trying to get final monthly bill for Pixel 6 since receipt online is just random letters, and asking if they will honor my monthly payment agreement for s22 that is on the MyVerizon app receipt I printed upon finishing order   10/1/22 several more hours with Verizon, trying to get straight answers and options today, hour plus in morning with gentlemen who confirmed pixel 6 exchange, confirmed they would not honor their own receipt, that only option was to return devices to store and start over so "everyone" is in agreement.  Just to get to store, have the rep give me attitude and act wholly frustrated in under 3 min of me trying to explain all this, for him to say no notes on account. And by 230pm I had Verizon support on my phone, and on Verizon store phone, which closed at 4, I continued this debacle in my car in parking lot with phone support until 522pm for them to "resolve" most problems and to say earlier phone support shouldn't have sent me to the store .  Needless to say I am not done getting fees refunded, getting those 9 days of service refunded, demanding what they call "customer inconvenience deduction (usually like $20 bucks reduction on next bill) to be very close to $100 or more since they wholly legally in breach of contract law by not honoring their own receipt, not to mention the ridiculous amount of perfectly trained customer service reps they have that do everything possible to waste your time and frustrate you to the point that 90% of people just give up.  It's a great system for them, until they get to the people like me , who will, on average, have to deal with tech or customer support, a good 20 hours every month.  Because these people can't even process a free accessory warranty replacement without totally messing it up.  From my above rant, you can assume I am not exaggerating.

Laura C Barnes
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,DoYouTrainAnyone. We want to ensure you receive the help you need to resolve this issue. We are sending you a Private Note to assist you further.

*Cassie

DoYouTrainAnyone
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

Laura C Barnes
0 Likes
DoYouTrainAnyone
Enthusiast - Level 2

A little over 2 hours on the phone with Verizon today because a couple hours after I activated the six Google Pixel 6 last night The city activated it but I wasn't at the house where the phone was at.  And I was trying to discuss the promos still and the discounts that I've lost with some of the changes out of occurred and the fact that on one of my orders there's literally no receipt available to look at and the different order I have a receipt I printed when I made the order the Verizon account has a different order and Verizon itself has yet a survey seat receipt I mean not order. So tomorrow either the device promotions or getting corrected or I am returning all three devices and doing a new order for all three devices just to drive myself the rest of the way to the nuthouse

Laura C Barnes
0 Likes
DoYouTrainAnyone
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, this is not going to work.  I just got signed out.   If it's like other chat sessions it will time me out even when actively conversing

Laura C Barnes
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, 

Oh no! That's terrible. We definitely don't want you to have this awful experience, we are here to help. Please send us a Private Message, so we can further assist.

>Bris

0 Likes
DoYouTrainAnyone
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is now 1:48am, 2 hours of chat.  And nothing resolved.  Only thing I now know is that Verizon will not honor their own receipts.  And since when you place an order online, all you have is your cart details, you don't even have a receipt of what you saw and agreed to when you hit confirm order. Way to violate NYS contract law Verizon.  It's your receipt, legally you have to honor it.  I've given you over 80 hours and over 2 weeks to correct your mistake.  You plan on charging me over $60 more a month than I agreed to.  You say you don't know if you would even honor a current promotion in my cart.  Guess what.  This will be your problem.  Not mine.  You e had your chances and all the simple ways to make this right yet you refuse even when it's in black and white on your own receipt.  You chose the wrong person to lie to.  I don't give up and I don't back down. 

Laura C Barnes
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please, give me the opportunity to check step by step on the prices of the plan that you have. Let's open the account and move to a secure channel.

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services, so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note that the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6003M5WGP

>Patricio

0 Likes