Unsubscribe non-verizon # from verizon service alerts via text
stopalready

I am not a Verizon customer for any service.  One of Verizon's customers entered my phone number (presumably) as a secondary contact number, and I get that customer's service texts regularly.  For instance:

sms_no_reply@verizon.com / no subject / Thank you for your payment to Verizon in the amount of $469.77. It has been applied to your Verizon account ending in 3425.

I want it to stop already.  The people I've talked with at Verizon have not had solutions.

Easiest: Is there a phrase I can text back that will remove me?  I've tried the standard "STOP" and "UNSUBSCRIBE".

Or: Can Verizon search for my (non-verizon) number in somebody's account and remove it?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unsubscribe non-verizon # from verizon service alerts via text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
It's very odd that you are receiving these alerts on your phone number, stopalready. I have sent you a direct message. Please reply to my message so I can assist.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
fedup2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, this is happening to me as well.  For the past few months I have been getting someone else's account information.  Such as warnings regarding service interruptions.  More importantly, every time the Verizon customer makes a payment on their account, I get a message.  I am NOT a Verizon customer.  I have called customer care twice and I have spoken to fraud.  No one seems to know how to help me.  All I have is the customers last 7 digits of their account.  This is very annoying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fedup2015, I know how frustrating it can be to get alerts for an account that's not your own. We can definitely assist. What type of alerts are you currently receiving (email or text alerts)?

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
fedup2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am receiving what appears to be notifications from sms_no_reply@verizon.com  Similar to the other post made by another non verizon customer, the message says:

Thank you for your payment to Verizon in the amount of $140.33.  It has been applied to your account ending in 031-0001

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's quite odd, fedup2015. Text message payment confirmations should be only sent to VZW numbers. Just to make sure, this is coming as a text message and not an email, is that correct? When did this begin?

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cblair81
Enthusiast - Level 1

yesssss!!!! This is the one I get monthly? Like why?

Here’s the kicker I’ve changed my phone number and it happened again this month,I can’t imagine they’re recycling old account numbers?!.

Thanks for your recent payment of $117.30. It will be applied to your Verizon account ending in 089-0001.

0 Likes
Cblair81
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ohhhh greeeat just another run about ughhhhh this exactly why I left Verizon. Bill was always double what it was ever quoted as and the csr sold me on a promotional phone campaign that was not available when I signed up so I got NO deal! Trash.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do apologize that you have been receiving text messages that are not for your services or mobile number. This must be a bit confusing and frustrating. 

I was writing to see if a number is associated with the text message as you may possibly be able to block the messages from coming in? 

Please let me know. 

0 Likes