Used to get coverage in my house, now I don't. Dropped calls, no data. Help!
frustrated_user_38506
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to get LTE coverage and 5 bars coverage while in my home.  For about 4 to 5 months now, it switches from 3G to 1X and from 2 bars to zero bars.  I dropped my land line about 3 years ago and use only my cell now, but I can't talk on my iPhone 5 inside anymore as people can't hear me.  I have to actually run outside any time my phone rings or else the person on the other line can't hear me or the call is dropped. Please remember -  I USED TO GET GREAT COVERAGE INSIDE THIS SAME HOUSE.  A Verizon employee reset my phone in their store, looked at their map and told me I had great coverage at my house, and filled out a ticket for someone to look into this.  I have heard nothing from them and I still cannot talk inside my house much less do anything that requires data.  Please help!  Anyone - please ...

My children also have the same problem in our house, so it's not my phone.   Verizon Wireless Services

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Used to get coverage in my house, now I don't.  Dropped calls, no data.  Help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for all those details, frustrated_user_38506. I see the service in the 38506 area in general is pretty good, and your confirmation of 4-5 bars outside reflects excellent service. There are factors beyond our control that can cause indoor service to fluctuate too. That's why the Network Extender was created for customers to bring that strong signal from outside into your home. Based on your description, I'd highly recommend considering it. For more information or to place an order, visit http://vz.to/IHRT6h.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Used to get coverage in my house, now I don't.  Dropped calls, no data.  Help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you taking so many steps to see what's caused the change in your service at home, frustrated_user_38506. When you step outside, how many bars of signal are you seeing? What's your zip code? Have there been any recent changes, like new TV/internet service or even a new neighbor?

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes
frustrated_user_38506
Enthusiast - Level 2

Outside, I usually have 4 to 5 bars.  Zip 38506.  We have had no changes in our house at all.

Neighbors - I don't think they have made any changes.  The couple in a house right beside me moved out last week though and a new neighbor will be coming next month, but while they were here, they made no changes - plus the problem has been going on for 4 to 5 months - long before they moved out.  What can be done?  It's crazy that for years, we had great service inside our house with different phones with our data and voice coverage and now we don't.  Two of the phones in the house have been the same ones for the last 2 years.  One has been the same one for 18 months.  All are having the same problem inside the house though and all did not have this problem in the past. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for all those details, frustrated_user_38506. I see the service in the 38506 area in general is pretty good, and your confirmation of 4-5 bars outside reflects excellent service. There are factors beyond our control that can cause indoor service to fluctuate too. That's why the Network Extender was created for customers to bring that strong signal from outside into your home. Based on your description, I'd highly recommend considering it. For more information or to place an order, visit http://vz.to/IHRT6h.

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes
frustrated_user_38506
Enthusiast - Level 2

Before ordering this, I checked again the coverage outside my house as it has been a while since I did.  Two bars was the highest it went.  One area outside was one bar.  I walked all around my house, then around my yard.  I don't think that a Network Extender would help in this situation since I only have 2 bars coverage even outside - with it dropping to one bar at times.

Please help - yesterday, I was home sick from work and literally could not answer calls when work called because they can't hear me and/or it drops the call.  I am so beyond frustrated.

0 Likes
Re: Used to get coverage in my house, now I don't. Dropped calls, no data. Help!
barrycinti

I also have the same problem. I got the network extender a while back. This solved the in house issue. Now I can not get good service outside.  I currently am testing ATT and so far it is superior to vz. Tech support states there are no future plans to add towers in area. I get 2-3 bars of ATT in my house, 0-1 bar in house without network extender. zip code 45230

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

frustrated_user_38506 Reliable service is extremely important! We understand your frustration and want to provide you with the best solution. We mentioned the Network Extender because the device improves indoor coverage where signal is wea. This allows you to be able to make and receive calls while inside your home. Do you have highspeed internet?

SheritaH_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Used to get coverage in my house, now I don't. Dropped calls, no data. Help!
Hbottary

I had great service in my house for almost 2 years. My phone updated amd now, I have to walk all the way out to the road to set 1 to 2 bars. They only reason I have internet service is because I have Spectrum. I am counting down the days until I can switch services. I barely sleep because I'm afraid I'm going ro miss an important phone call...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to ensure you get reliable service, as it is definitely important in this time of day. How long have you been experiencing this? What type of phone do you have? Is this only happening at home, or everywhere? We're eager to hear back from you. MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
BeingSqueezed

In my area, Verizon dropped the 3g system and my service quality went from mediocre to non-existent in most of my house. I reported it in March, they opened a ticket...no response. Then again in June, an engineer told me they dropped 3g in my area....a fix was coming soon.....now in October, still nothing. Lip service from verizon. However, they offered to SELL me a fix....$250 for a network extender. They created a problem with my service (with no offset to my $250+/month bill), and now want me to pay them more money to fix their mistake. On top of this, I don't have reliable service at all via wifi at my home on DSL....so I have no faith that a $250 network extender will fix this. 

This is a pathetic way to do business. Verizon caused this problem, and now want me to pay for a solution? I am shopping for a new service provider, after 12 years with this company. 

0 Likes