Vanity Phone Number Requests
MGODLEW
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently I have been in contact with Verizon Wireless regarding requesting a certain phone number. I am quite frustrated with Verizon at this point after having some Reps telling me it is possible and others telling me it is not. Sooo which is it? This isn't the first time I've encountered inconsistency amongst Verizon Reps. If it wasn't possible, why would some Reps even bother taking the time to see if a number I want is available. I am a business owner, so having the last 4 numbers correspond with my business name helps customers remember my number. I don't care even if there is a charge for this. So "officially" is it possible? And if so, how does one go about getting a vanity number?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Vanity Phone Number Requests
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Receiving conflicting information can be frustrating, MGODLEW. I can provide you with the correct answer today. After completing a little research, I was able to determine that this is not an option. We can select your area code and pre-fix. However, the last four digits are auto generated and can not be selected manually. I hope this addresses your concerns. Have a great weekend.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

Topher227
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not sure about Verizon's policy, but I can offer a suggestion.... Make yourself a Google Voice account and find a phone number that suits your business (you can choose area code, then enter letters or numbers you would like and they show you whats available). Then, you can pay google (i believe its $10) to 'unlock' the number for you, then port the number into Verizon!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Receiving conflicting information can be frustrating, MGODLEW. I can provide you with the correct answer today. After completing a little research, I was able to determine that this is not an option. We can select your area code and pre-fix. However, the last four digits are auto generated and can not be selected manually. I hope this addresses your concerns. Have a great weekend.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

Paulo3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Intreface for doing this still stinks and offers few options in 2021.

Way to solve the problem Verizon!

Is it too big an ask from us mere mortals?

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.