Verizon Indicates I Am Not The Owner of My Number When Upgrading Via Apple
CWSleeper
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying to upgrade my phones through the Apple site. When I upgrade my phone number, everything is fine. When I try to upgrade my wife's number, Apple tells me "Only the account owner or an account manager can make changes to a line on this account."

In looking at our phones on Verizon under My Devices, my status indicates that I am the owner of my number while my wife's number says "Not Registered".

I know I am the "owner" of both phones and can manage them on Verizon. Why is Verizon not allowing me to manage them through Apple? How can I get Verizon to indicate that I am the "owner" of my wife's number? Can I make it so that my wife's number indicates I am "owner" instead of "Not Registered"?

NOTE: The obvious solution is to try upgrading on Verizon. But, you see, I did try to upgrade through Verizon already but when I clicked "Upgrade" I kept getting the message "Your request could not be processed at this time." I received this same message over three days so I gave up and tried to upgrade via Apple's site. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Indicates I Am Not The Owner of My Number When Upgrading Via Apple
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CWSleeper, we regret to hear you were unable to upgrade online through us directly. Please use the link here: http://spr.ly/6602yh9k4 on how to add your Wife as an Account Manager if needed.

Apple's systems should still allow you to upgrade your Wife's line as you're the Account Owner. Any system issues on Apple's end can only be addressed by them directly.

- Alan

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Indicates I Am Not The Owner of My Number When Upgrading Via Apple
CWSleeper
Enthusiast - Level 1

Regardless of how Verizon views me as being the account owner, that is clearly not the information you are sending to Apple. 

To resolve the situation, I had to add myself as the account manager to my wife's phone. Once I did this, Verizon sent that information to Apple and I was able to upgrade.

0 Likes