Re: Verizon Network Extender Closed Mode doesn’t work, Hybrid Mode Does
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

Last night I stopped at the Verizon Store and the replaced the SIm in my phone because I wanted to see if that would help fix the fact that closed mode doesn’t work for consumers yet, even though Verizon advertises that it does work for consumers. 

I then returned home and put the Network Extender in Closed Mode with my laptop by accessing my.verizon account and selecting devices. I was able to reuse the access list I have been using in Hybrid Mode. The Web admin homepage Icon at the top changed from Hybrid to Closed. Then the device went through the normal reboot process when it has been notified of the change from Hybrid to Closed. It started up fine in closed mode and finished the boot process, My phone which had five bars and was connected to the extender in Hybrid Mode, instantly changed to 1 bar, I hit #48 and was told that I was not attached to my extender and needed to move closer. Still no luck.

I reset it back to Open, it rebooted, then changed it to Hybrid mode with my contact list, now my phone is back to five bars. I did a factory reboot, changed the password again, timezones. Still no luck. 

0 Likes
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

This is an experiment where I shut off my phone for a day,  and this shows several hours and all the voice traffic going through my network extender is from non-members neighbors and they managed to exceed the threshold of the Network Extender. If I had been on a call when this happened, my call quality would suffer. This is why I need closed mode to work.

Also this graph is misleading because this only reflected what happened at the hour mark, it could spike higher any time between 00 to 60 minutes and this peaking activity would not show up in the graphs. In other works, the graph is not an actual reflection of all of the peak traffic or an average, a line graph with a one minute sample rate would be much more accurate. And should be available.

TelecomTech_Extender_0-1672963295899.jpeg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your screenshot. What model network extender do you have?   

*Ana

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please PM us, so we can look further into this.

*Nicole

0 Likes
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

I have the new LTE Network Extender with the LCD which I bought it in June 2022.

TelecomTech_Extender_0-1673026266914.jpeg

0 Likes
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

It turns out I may have an old software version on my network extender.

I may need to upgrade the Network Extender Software.

My software version is GA5.10 - V0.5.010.1167

from the Network Extender Web Admin Page

At the bottom of the page is this line: