Re: Network Extender
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

Here is my neighbors bombarding the network extender to try to flood it, I don’t know why. This would not happen in Closed Mode because they would not be able to even see it like they can in Hybrid Mode. Keep in mind this is at the hourly mark, the Network Extender provides no record or logging if peak capacity is hit after the hourly mark, for example if they flood the LTE Network Extender at 8:15AM or 8:30AM there would be no record of it.

CED8CC91-EE01-4333-AA57-FF43834AA980.jpeg

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

Do you have any idea when the Network Extender will  work in Closed Mode for consumers?

I am running in Hybrid Mode and sometimes my Network Extender gets flooded by my Neighbors usage. 

This would not happen in Closed Mode.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Network Extender Closed Mode doesn’t work, Hybrid Mode Does
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! When did you start experiencing issues with the extender?

*Leyla

0 Likes
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

I started having problems when more neighbors starting connecting to it and someone else nearby also bought an extender. Having two competing Network Extenders is an issue because the phone can switch extenders.

I want to connect to only my network extender in closed mode on my DSL line. I can control the call quality if I am the only one using the LTE Network Extender. Now I have it in Hybrid Mode because Closed Mode doesn’t work. It doesn’t recognize my phone when it is on the access list in Closed Mode..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, TelecomTech_Extender. We certainly want to ensure that we do everything that we can to make sure that your Network Extender stays connected to only your device(s). So that we are updated, can you please share with us what steps you have completed to put your Network Extender in Closed Mode?

-Brett

0 Likes
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

The step used to put the Network Extender into Closed Mode:

If the Network Extender is in Hybrid Mode with an Access List, you first need to get it back into Open Mode. 

Go to My Verizon and look for your devices. Do not use the Verizon app, the App does not show the Network Extender.  You have to go to the Verizon website. 

To get the device to go back to Open Mode from Hybrid Mode or Closed Mode, you delete the access list.You should also have a tab open to your Network Extender’s Admin Page. Getting to the Admin Page of the Network Extender is done from the Verizon Setup instructions so I won’t repeat them here. 

When the Access List is deleted on My Verizon, it immediately sends a message to the NetworkExtender, which if you switch to that tab will show at the top where it said Hybrid Mode or Closed Mode, it will now say Open Mode. 

The device then needs to reboot to go completely into Open Mode. Once the device has returned and is operating in Open Mode, you can switch back to the My Verizon Tab jin your browser, select Hybrid or Closed Mode. It will prompt you to enter a phone number listed under your account as well as any others. 

An important note: You will not be able to get to the Closed Mode button on a SmartPhone or a Tablet, believe me I have tried. You have to be connected to My Verizon by a Laptop or PC. This is because the webpage designers of the Webpage for changing to Hybrid or Closed Mode never tested it on a phone or tablet. The button for closed mode will not work on a Tablet or Phone. This is unacceptable for a company like Verizon.

Once you click on the Closed Mode button and enter the access list, it sends the status change from Open to Closed Mode down to the device. If you switch from the My Verizon Page to the Admin Page you will se the device will say Closed Mode at the top. It will then reboot to complete the process of switching into Closed Mode,

The problem Verizon has if that when the device switches to Hybrid Mode, it correctly sends the Access List down to Provisioning Servers, that then forward it to the Network Extender before it reboots so when it reboots it has the Access List in its memory. 

However when the Network Extender is told to change from Open to Closed Mode, this step never happens, so the Provisioning Servers never get a copy of the Access List and therefore the cannot send it to the Network Extender. The Network Extender waits and then finally reboots without an Access List so when it reboots, it will not let anyone use the Network Extender, #48 shows that that the phone that is listed on the Access List is not attached to the Network Extender.

You then need to go back to My Verizon, delete the access list, which changes it from Closed Mode to Open Mode, let the device reboot so it is completely Open and then select Hybrid Mode and start a new access list. Entering several phone numbers will generate a error message, but you can exit, and re-edit the Access List and you will see the second or third phone number has been added. This is buggy due to the website designer, but I have tested it and in Hybrid Mode any phone number listed in the access list will show up in the Members Column on the Connected Devices Page in  Extender.

0 Likes
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

Do you have any idea when the LTE Network Extender will work in Closed Mode for consumers?

I am running in Hybrid Mode and sometimes my Network Extender gets flooded by my Neighbors usage.

This would not happen in Closed Mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here is a link with some information on this close mode. I am also reaching out to our Product Team to see if they have any updates.

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Other-Network-Discussions/Verizon-Network-Extender-Closed-Mode-does...

*Nicole

0 Likes
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

You are posting a link to my first Post I made about this Closed Mode issue.  You are referring me to look at my own post. Obviously I already know this. 

Please let me know when Verizon plans to fix Closed Mode for Consumers,

Thank you. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TelecomeTech_Extender, what exactly is happening when you try to use Closed Mode?-Dia

0 Likes