Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Re: Verizon iPhone 6 to T-Mobile
Not applicable

Weth wrote:

Actually no compromises with iPhone 6. Even T-mobile's iPhone 6 does not support band 12.

Verizon uses bands 4 and 13 as you point out.

T-mobile uses bands 2 and 4 and roaming on 5. It will use band 12 in future (spectrum obtained from Verizon)

The Verizon iPhone 6 supports 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,13,17,18,19,20,25,26,28,29

So the iPhone 6 supports all the bands in current use. There is no compromise. As far as band 12, even the T-mobile iPhone does not support band 12, so again no compromise.

I did not make a comment on the ethics of the deal, just answered the question posed.

Most of those bands are not LTE.

0 Likes
Core2

I think an AT&T phone would have better compatibility than Verizon, to move over to T-Mobile.

Also, you just need to turn in any phone (broken even) for T-Mobile to pay your ETF fee.  You also have to purchase a phone from T-Mobile as well.

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

But the important bands in common are, and that is the point.

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

AT&T iPhone 6 is exactly the same as T-mobile iPhone 6. No difference. Verizon iPhone 6  can equally well be used on either system, just pop in a SIM.

There was differences with earlier phones, but not with the iPhone 6 due to the number of native bands it can use.

Even bands that are now being used for other technology, such as band 1 used for CDMA in Verizon, when Verizon switches this over to LTE, the iPhone 6 will be able to use that LTE band even though it was used for CDMA before.

0 Likes
alexinsocal

I should have added that I'm jumping into T-Mobile with 3 other friends to take advance of T-Mobile's crazy $100 for 4 lines deal (unlimited call/text and 2.5GB). I do understand T-Mobile did away with their corporate discount plans. When I did the math I also accounted for the promotion for 2.5GB only through 12/31/15 and paying the extra $10 month for the remaining months to get 3GB thereafter.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! My final decision will be made tomorrow.

I'm calling Verizon today for one last chance...

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good luck what ever you decide.

0 Likes
abbcma

What about an iPhone 5?

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

The Verizon iPhone 5 will work on T-mobile and AT&T.  It does not support as many LTE bands, so you may not get LTE, but it does supports the 4G HSPA+, so speed will still be very acceptable. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs

The iPhone 6 and 6+ and the Nexus 6 are truly universal phones.  As long as they are carrier unlocked, they can be used on any network.

this is not true of previous versions of these phones.

0 Likes
RJNY

I also need to try T-Mobile but with additional questions:

Just got off phone with Verizon Tech rep with "marginal signal strength" issues and was given 2 options:

1. Purchase network extender for $175

2. Switch to other carrier with NO ETF

Want to take option 2 as I am not going to pay additional $175 to get lousy 3G service in my house.  But, they (Verizon) are not giving anything in writing to say they are offering the option 2.  They said I just have to believe their word and call back after receiving my final bill with the ETF which they will waive/credit...

Did anyone go through this?  Would my phones be unlocked also in this case???

0 Likes