Verizon switched me to a higher, costlier data plan without telling me, can they do that?
mistifa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon switched me to a higher, costlier data plan without telling me - can they do that?

I had 2 Gb data (the lowest I could get) b/c I don't get good cell service in the remote area I live in & cannot use data AT ALL unless I'm in town (i.e. the nearest town 1.25 hrs away) - can't even send text a without using wifi. At home I can only use my phone when using my satellite (i.e. NOT unlimited) internet wifi (so feel I'm being gouged twice over).

I occasionally travel so have increased my data while traveling & revert back to the lower plan when I get home, as I did in Oct. 

Well, the plan didn't revert back to the 2Gb as discussed with customer svc/planned/agreed to. And now they say the 2Gb plan is no longer an option, it's not "grandfathered in", so they just put me on 12 Gb.

My average monthly usage is LESS THAN 1 GB!!! So when I inquired, they switched me to 5 Gb shared (i.e. FIVE TIMES what I generally need) and said I can't keep the accumulated carryover data i.e. 22.8 Gb!! which will expire 1/21 ... but I'm not driving a 3 hr RT to use it so I feel totally ripped off.

ARGH. Been a loyal 2 decade Verizon customer ... which apparently means nothing. 

Oh, and I found all this out after waiting on hold an hour+ to have a painful 2 hr chat. DOUBLE ARGH.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon switched me to a higher, costlier data plan without telling me, can they do that?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The plans are retired all the time. If you switched from a plan to a different plan, then it is entirely possible that you can't switch back to the previous plan if Verizon Wireless happens to have returned that plan during the time you didn't have it on your account.

FYI, the 2GB shared isn't listed on the website anymore. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Re: Verizon switched me to a higher, costlier data plan without telling me, can they do that?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, mistifa! It's never our goal for you to have trouble getting support. I deeply apologize for the lengthy hold times and can understand needing a plan that fits your needs.  I've sent you a Private Note. Please reply at your earliest convenience. -Kia

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The plans are retired all the time. If you switched from a plan to a different plan, then it is entirely possible that you can't switch back to the previous plan if Verizon Wireless happens to have returned that plan during the time you didn't have it on your account.

FYI, the 2GB shared isn't listed on the website anymore. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.