Very Odd Problem: Need Verizon Agent with Deep System Access/Authority
mvanderl

There are open purchase and trade-orders order lurking somewhere deep in the verizon account/device system that are linked to my old phone, but not to my account. It seems impossible to cancel either action and account reps are baffled about how to fix.

1. There is an open sales order indicating the Verizon is somehow shipping me my old iPhone 6s. It even marks as "shipped" in the system. I've owned the phone for six years. Obviously, Verizon is not shipping me my six year old iPhone 6s.

2. At the same time, there is an open trade-in submission that thinks I am sending in that phone for trade. However, there are no purchases or open orders on my account that link to this trade.

None of this shows up in my account, but any attempt to use this phone for a trade on a new device is blocked because it's somehow showing up in the system as simultaneously being shipped to me AND shipped by me.

I've worked with nearly a dozen account reps who cannot figure out how this happened and I'm hoping to find someone with much deeper system access and credential who can cancel out any pending actions related to this phone!

0 Likes
Re: Very Odd Problem: Need Verizon Agent with Deep System Access/Authority
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mvanderl, 

We want to get to the bottom of your issue once and for all. Do you get an error on our trade-in site when trying to trade in the phone? Can you place a new order?

-Jenelle

0 Likes
Re: Very Odd Problem: Need Verizon Agent with Deep System Access/Authority
mvanderl

I can place orders, but my device is shown as unavailable for trade because the system thinks that it is tied up in some other transaction.  They are not visible on my account, but only findable by searching by order number and trade submission number.

If I try to cancel the trade request, it shows as a device/order combination problem.

0 Likes