Voicemail Password
muskybob

How do I get rid of my password when using my wireless?  I don't want my voicemail to be password protected.  I've tried customer service, but am unable to contact them thru the numbers listed on their FAQ page.  Please help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail Password
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think you can eliminate the password.  However, you CAN program your phone to autodial it for you when you call your voicemail so you don't have to.

Go into your speed dial settings and find Voicemail (should be set to 1) and it will say *86 or it will have your full 10 digit number.  ADD P1234# (substitute your 4 digit password for 1234).  The P (or a comma on some phones) will pause (some folks use PP or ,, for a bit longer pause) while the system calls and asks for the PW, then it will enter the password and a # sign, logging you in.

HTH,

0 Likes
muskybob

I don't want my phone to dial for me. I don't want a password on my phone

PERIOD

0 Likes
muskybob

If you can't get rid of the password, how do I cancel having Voicemail on

my service?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Muskybob,

You can call customer service and ask them to deactivate the voicemail feature.  You could ask them if there is a way to eliminate the password  as well.  Like I said, I don't think that's an option (it's there for your protection and privacy, and you can call in and access it without having to punch it in every time, so it's pretty much the same as not having one... )

Deactivating voicemail is an option, though, and you need to call in for that one - 800-922-0204.

0 Likes
muskybob

I tried that number you gave me and cannot speak to a service

representative to delete the voicemail. There is not an option for that in

the recorded responses that I can find.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi -

Listen for "other options", then say "speak to an agent" or just "agent" - or you could choose 3 - technical support and say the same thing.  Either one should get you a real person fairly quickly.

0 Likes
muskybob

I finally got thru to a service rep and deleted the voicemail service. I'd

like to say that the automated customer service is very confusing and time

consuming and wasted my time and yours sending emails back and forth when a

simple phone call to a REAL PERSON would have been more cost efficient for

Verizon and less bothersome for ME. Please pass this information on to a

supervisor.

Thank you

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm glad you got through and got your voicemail deactivated, finally. 

As far as the automated system, I doubt it's going away any time soon.  Verizon has done what most other major corporations have done - and that is to take the most frequently asked questions and record the answers so live people aren't endlessly repeating themselves.  When your request doesn't match, you will get routed to real person, eventually.  Cumbersome for those with not so common questions, but probably 90% get taken care of by the automated system and that saves the big companies money...

0 Likes
lcruger61

Baloney. I've NEVER had a question or issue resolved by automated answering from ANY company.

0 Likes