Voicemail
debrantley

Until recently, when I got a new voicemail, after I listened to it, I could press # to skip it.  The next time I called in, the message would still be listed as 'new'.  Now, if I press # to skip it, or just end call after listening, the message goes into 'saved' messages.  I have several messages saved, so now I have to go through each one to get to the 'new' one.  Can this be changed back to the way it was?

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with voicemail, debrantley. I definitely want to get to the bottom of this. Upon review, you should still be able to skip voicemails (and keep them as new) by pressing # before the message is done playing back as this functionality has not changed. For confirmation of this, see #7 of the "Using Voicemail" section for the available actions: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/voice-mail-faqs/

However, are you pressing "#" after the message is finished playing? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
debrantley

Thank you, but this is NOT how it is working now.  I just tested it on (2) new voice mails, and was certain to press # before the end of the message.  When I called back in, all messages were in the 'saved' box, no messages left in 'new'.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the added details, debrantley. What's the make and model of the device you're using with us? Since the change in behavior occurred, what recent changes have been performed on the device (new apps, updates, etc.)? 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
debrantley

iPhone 7S, no changes.  I press either 7 to delete, 9 to save, or # to skip.  It used to work that when I pressed # while listening to a new message, that message would still be 'new' when I called back in.  Now it is being put in 'saved' messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

debrantley, With an iPhone device, you would have a visual voicemail platform in which to listen, erase or save voicemail directly from your voicemail app when you click on the phone icon and then voicemail. When you open up the voicemail option in your phone, do you see a listing of your voicemail messages on that screen?

EbonyR_VZW 

0 Likes