What constitutes "data" useage? I don't use the internet on my phone, but have data usage.
WendyMom

I do not use internet on my phone. What causes "data" charges?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What constitutes "data" useage? I don't use the internet on my phone, but have data usage.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day, WendyMom. As a consumer, I sincerely understand your concerns about data usage. Allow me to explain data usage for you. Data is used when you're connected to our networks and access services like the internet, watch a video, check your email, play games, use apps (e.g., Facebook®, Twitter®, Maps, etc.), and more. Background tasks, such as syncing or location services, also use your data.

Please visit this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/data-usage-faqs/) for more details. Does this information answer your question fully? -Antonio

View solution in original post

Re: What constitutes "data" useage? I don't use the internet on my phone, but have data usage.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@WendyMom wrote:

I do not use internet on my phone. What causes "data" charges?

How do you know you are not using the cellular data connection? Have you looked at the data usage counter on the phone itself? Do you keep the cellular data connection turned off all the time? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day, WendyMom. As a consumer, I sincerely understand your concerns about data usage. Allow me to explain data usage for you. Data is used when you're connected to our networks and access services like the internet, watch a video, check your email, play games, use apps (e.g., Facebook®, Twitter®, Maps, etc.), and more. Background tasks, such as syncing or location services, also use your data.

Please visit this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/data-usage-faqs/) for more details. Does this information answer your question fully? -Antonio