What does the term "Hotline" refer too coming from customer service?
thecapt

I just heard the term "Hotline" today and from what I can see it is a general term being used for customers they feel are less desirable. That sounds very discriminatory to me. Since it's a term used mostly on the inside, the average customer does not even hear about it, unless you are one of the customers they have decided to "Hotline", which from my understanding is tat your services are then "limited". You are not given warning, nor does there seem to be any guidlines for putting a customer in this category. They certainly don't inform you or even tell you could be subject to this less than desirable place. And after being put in this category, you must stay here for at least 6 months with no recourse to challenge being "Hotlined" As I was told "there is no backdoor" to getting off, after you have been put on this list "Hotline". When did they start this Gestapho tactics. They don't make it clear in any way or from any reps, that a person could be placed "Hotlined" or forewarned in any way. This sounds very sneaky and not a very good way of doing business. Even if one is current on their bill it makes no difference. Who has been "hotlined? or knows what recourse if any to being removed from this very discriminatory "Hotline" position?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What does the term "Hotline" refer too coming from customer service?
androiduser123
Contributor - Level 1

I've been hotlined a few times. Hotline means you have been suspended temporarily due to a late payment. They do give you warnings before you are hotlined in the form of phone calls the first few times. After that, if you are late, there is no guarantee of a phone call since your bill shows when you are due. Hotlines and late payments will take away your bill to account option until you have made at least 6 months worth of payments on time.

If you ask for a credit or an early upgrade, they do look to see if you pay on time. This can alter their decision.

0 Likes
AdrenALLine73

I was hotlines without warning as well as spent hours on chat with them trying to fix my texting problem before being disconnected several times..hours..then one person said I was hotlines and I needed to call why didn't the others explain this instead of spending the entire day chatting with me.??? Over it want to switch now.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes