Which phones can be blacklisted for nonpayment of account?
mirandam75

I've had Verizon for 13 years with 5 lines on my family plan and am wondering which phones will no longer be usable. Obviously I've had many, many phones activated on this account.  I simply can't afford this anymore, and know it will be awhile until I can pay the bill.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Which phones can be blacklisted for nonpayment of account?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phones are still under contract or in a device payment plan, they may blacklist any of those devices. If the phones are fully yours (no contract, no payment plan bound to them), service should simply discontinue if the bill lapses for too long.

Talk to Verizon billing and see if they can come up with a payment structure that helps you out a bit more. Or, if you need to temporarily move to another carrier or another service type, see if your phones can be unlocked if they're not already.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate your input smith6612. Mirandam75 we do appreciate your loyalty and want to continue this relationship. I know it is important to save money. What plan are you currently on? How many lines do you have? 
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mirandam75

I'm on the 10 GB plan with 4 lines. One is no longer in use, but I have 11 months left of the contract. I am paying $177, and can get a $25 discount soon because I am letting another line go out of the 2 year contract. I also receive the veteran's discount. $152 for 3 lines is astronomical.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

None of the carriers blacklist a phone due to non payment.  The Will persue you with collection agencies very vigorously.  (BTW, it is in our customer agreement that Verizon can sell your debt to collection if you default)

Other carriers will not unlock their phones for use with other carriers.

Since Verizon phones are already unlocked, that wouldnt be an issue.  They might have limited ability to function on other networks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mirandam75,

Thanks for sharing that information. We definitely would not want to lose you and certainly want you to have the best value for your plans and needs. Are you aware of your average data usage? We can consider other or lower allowance options to reduce the overall cost. As well, if you are no longer in need of a line there would always be the option to have another party assume the line into their own name. Find out more here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/my-verizon-faqs/. Also, do you have that device still? Is it in good condition? You can always consider trading the device in to help offset an early termination charge if disconnected. Appraise the device here http://vz.to/1sV9zvm.

AdVZWGG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Djalexander1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ha you think $152 for 3 lines is bad. I am at $746 for 4 lines and that's after the veterans discount as well. Noobs. Verizon says they have the most reliable network and the most reliable 5G network. However in my area wherever 5G is available, my phone service doesn't work at all. So you literally pay more then every single other carrier out there some of them combined, and most of the time in a big city I can't get any service whatsoever. Then God forbid should I travel. I might as well go into it with her mind frame that I'm just not going to get service when I travel at all. Can't stand Verizon, and would have switched a long time ago if it wasn't for my husband.

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes