Wife died and Verizon advised ownership transfer then removed promotional credits
oaklore

I have been a loyal Verizon customer who has never missed a payment in 20 years. I was advised by several Verizon employees that I must transfer ownership of our account when my wife died in August. I was told I had to bring in the death certificate to the store. I was promised that promotional credits would transfer and the plans would not change. They misled me and I have spent over 10 hours trying to straighten out this mess. I was told by several live agents that even though I was given the wrong advice by Verizon employees they could not help me. I am being billed for $900 for the phones. I was told by a confrontational supervisor that even though I was promised that the promotional credits would transfer I should have read the fine print in the numerous emails they sent and it is my fault for trusting their employees promises. Since I accepted the transfer I am being penalized for my wife's passing. Is this Verizon policy that when the account is in the spouses name the survivors lose their promotional credits and must pay $900 for their phones?

0 Likes
Re: Wife died and Verizon advised ownership transfer then removed promotional credits
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please meet me in the Private Chat.

*Heather

0 Likes