Wifi calling not working properly
joelwebster

My wifi calling intermittently disconnects at random times. This began happening on my old iphone 8 originally and went through all the steps to fix the issue. I was told that I would need to buy a new phone because there was nothing else to be done. So I bought a new Motorola phone. Wifi calling worked perfectly for about 7 months. When Verizon updated my settings to "System 7" I believe it was called, I now have the same issues as my iphone. Wifi calling quits working randomly. It NEVER makes it overnight without quitting. I went through all the steps again and Verizon said it was Motorola's problem. So I wiped the phone and started from scratch. Still not working properly. Sent my phone to Motorola for a replacement. They sent it back and said it is Androids problem. Android says it is Verizon's problem. It's a never ending blame game. I am confident that it is an issue with carrier settings because it worked perfectly before the Verizon carrier update. If this isn't fixed soon I will be switching to ATT.

0 Likes
Re: Wifi calling not working properly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Seeing you depart the VZ family would be a sad turn of events so I am eager to turn things around. I can see why you are looking for answer if this is your second device. Are you having issues with any other devices and this particular Wi-Fi source? Does your Motorola have the same Wr-Fi issues with any other Wi-Fi sources? -Laura

0 Likes
Re: Wifi calling not working properly
joelwebster

My wife's Iphone 11 works flawlessly on the same wifi network as we are both connected at the same time to the same wifi router. I switch routers to a different one to verify it and it does the same thing on the other router. The only way I can get it to reconnect is by restarting the phone. Then it will work for a random amount of time.

0 Likes