Worry Free Guarantee and Switch to Verizon Rebate
jmo1220

After spending so many hours on the phone with customer service and getting nowhere, I feel I have no other choice than to post here in hopes someone will actually address this issue.

My spouse and I switched from ATT to Verizon at the end of October 2021 with the intent of seeking the up to $500 per line rebate paid on a prepaid Mastercard (Promo code was SWITCH2VERIZON). We purchased two iPhone 13 Pros with the switch. After 1 week, my spouse did not like the iPhone and wanted to exchange it for the Google Pixel 6 Pro. Verizon advertises a "worry-free guarantee" as though exchanging a brand new phone for a different brand new phone will  be easy and painless. Reader: it was not easy nor painless. That process alone took approximately 6 to 8 hours on the phone with customer service. Two weeks after we switched to Verizon, we successfully exchange the iPhone for the Pixel.

A couple weeks after that, I submitted the information required to receive our rebates for each line ported over. Last week, we learned that we only received the rebate for one of our lines. I spent an hour and 37 minutes on the phone with customer service two days ago for the agent to tell me my spouse's line doesn't qualify for the rebate because he exchanged his phone. She pointed out that the original phone has to stay activated for 30 consecutive days else the promotion is void.

I want a clear answer from Verizon why they advertise a "worry-free guarantee" that is not remotely worry-free and will end up voiding any promotion a customer was planning to use. Additionally, the "worry-free guarantee" limits customers to exchanging phones within 30 days of activation - it's quite interesting that customers only have 30 days to exchange their new phones, but also must keep their original phone activated for 30 days after switching to Verizon - this leaves exactly zero time to be able to exchange a phone if one wants to use a promotion. Lastly, the fact that my questions with previous agents asking if there would be any issues with exchanging the phone were always met with almost dismissive reassurance that "everything will be just fine... that's why it's a worry-free guarantee," is extremely disappointing.

This is predatory behavior on the part of Verizon. Most families cannot afford to not receive the hundreds of dollars in rebates that are so aggressively advertised.

0 Likes
Re: Worry Free Guarantee and Switch to Verizon Rebate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly appreciate your efforts and time spent regarding your rebate, jmo1220. This is definitely not the experience we want for you and never want you feeling this way about making your switch to Verizon. As a consumer myself, I know how helpful it is to get promotional discounts when purchasing devices and new service. Promotional offers follow specific requirements to ensure the promotional offer is honored. With all promotional rebate offers, it will require that the device being purchased is active for a certain number of days. If the device is changed before this time-frame, it will disqualify you from the promotional offer. This would include changes such as the worry free guarantee. We'd like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. You can learn more about your worry free exchange here, http://spr.ly/6607JtpEt. -Danielle

0 Likes
Re: Worry Free Guarantee and Switch to Verizon Rebate
jmo1220

Hi Danielle,

The problem is that the nuance you just explained was never clearly communicated at any point in this process. I had spoken to multiple agents when trying to complete the exchange and explicitly asked if it would jeopardize the promotions we were planning to use and was specifically told “no, that’s why it’s a worry-free guarantee.”

This is intentionally misleading and predatory behavior. 

0 Likes