conflicting trade in status information is very concerning
showscene5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ordered a new phone, selected a trade-in offer, I made sure the device was wiped,clean, and packaged securely and sent back in the box with return label as instructed. 

on 6/14 I got a tracking update from UPS saying it was delivered to verizon. 2 days later I got an email telling me to ship my phone with a link to check my trade in status. To my surprise, the trade in status didn't even indicate that i had shipped back the device, much less they had received it.  I chatted with a rep online who checked and confirmed it had been received but would be some time before they could check it. They provided another link to check the status and after the phone call it showed that my shipment had arrived. 

I checked again today 7/15 and there is no status updates except that it shows a final trade in value of $0. Which is surprising since the device was in pristine condition. 

I called, and even though neither of the verizon links I was given show that the process is complete and confirm my credit, the call center agent said it has been checked in good condition and guaranteed the credit. (for whatever that is worth from a call center contractor on another continent) 

What is up with their trade-in system? It's so very scary to have $700 on the line and the system feels so full of inconsistency. I'm not even sure that the call center agent had the right information. If it has been appraised and the credit is going to be on my next bill, why can't I see that status update? Why does it show that it hadn't been shipped on one status screen and that it has been received but the value is $0 on the other when I'm using the same submission ID?

I don't think there is an intention to scam here, but I do think that the system has a lot of holes and cracks for people to fall through and I'm sure some people have lost their credits because of it, and I'm not sure whether I'm one of them yet. 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: conflicting trade in status information is very concerning
showscene5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm done. Spoke with another rep. *next* bill they say. That's what the last person said. I've paid for the phone for 2 cycles already. 

The line is drawn. if it's not on the next bill, I'm so done with this company. 

No further assistance needed. 

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is for your trade in to run smoothly. To start, the trade in website won't show that you have mailed back the device, it will only show if it has been received or if we are still waiting for the trade in. Also, if for any reason there are any errors and the trade in isn't applied we can always have this escalated and corrected. As long as you took all neccessary steps on your end, then you don't have to worry about losing out on this promotion. With that said we would like to look into your trade in with you. Please send us a Private Note so that we can better assist you.

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
showscene5
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are correct that the site at  https://www.verizon.com/od/trade-in/checkStatus#/checkStatusDetails doesn't show that information

But the site at https://www.verizon.com/sales/digital/tradeinstatus/landing.html? sent via email reminding me to send in my trade does. It shows a process timeline with the waypoints of Initiated, shipped, Received, and Assessed. This particular screen never advanced past initiated, which is likely why I got an email reminder to send in my already shipped device. 

Screenshots available. 

This is exactly the kind of inconsistency that makes this process seem so tenuous and unreliable. 

Sending note

iris254
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problems, one of my phones submission ID's didn't even exist in Verizon's system (even though it was listed on my receipt). We had to create a new submission ID, of which the promo was not correctly applied. Still waiting to see what happens after around 10 hours talking to agents....

showscene5
Enthusiast - Level 2

And now as of today, the 2nd bill since the trade-in has been generated and there is no credit as "guaranteed" but the call center. At this point, someone needs to take ownership of this. I've called. I've chatted. I've posted here. I can go into a store, but since those are sales oriented, they are not invested in helping sort out these issues and will pass the buck as well. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

showscene5, the last thing we would ever want is for you to receive contradicting information. The correct status of your trade-in can be found on this page. 

https://www.verizon.com/od/trade-in/checkStatus#/

You will need to use the trade-in submission ID you were provided after you completed the trade. 

Please review the Trade in your mobile device FAQs

https://www.verizon.com/support/trade-in-program-faqs/?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D9043499183644310580042057375...

Item 5 under the How to trade in your mobile device provides the information you need. 

After we receive the device it will take 1-2 bill cycles for you to see the promotional trade-in discount. Does this information help? JacobG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we understand wanting to be able to take advantage of this promotion. Please send us a Private Note if you would like us to further investigate this for you.

0 Likes
showscene5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know it can be frustrating to deal with unhappy customers, the last thing I would ever want is for your to have to actually and truly engage to help someone. 🙄

So very patronizing. 🤮

I've talked to someone on the phone. I've chatted with someone online. And now I've posted and sent a private message on this forum with the details of my issue. 

How can I demonstrate that something is outside the norm with my trade and need someone to truly follow up with my issue? 

It's been two bill cycles. I've been patient. I am about ready to eat the payoff on my devices so I can be done with this company. 

This trade in process is terrible and unreliable. 

showscene5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm done. Spoke with another rep. *next* bill they say. That's what the last person said. I've paid for the phone for 2 cycles already. 

The line is drawn. if it's not on the next bill, I'm so done with this company. 

No further assistance needed. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that this issue is still occurring for you. I know you want to know that this is resolved as quickly as possible. Instead of waiting for your next bill to generate, you can click this link and enter your My Verizon credentials, and you will be taken right to the page to review an estimate of your next bill: http://spr.ly/6603y5Nd7;

0 Likes