problem with data in another state
puzzledtraveler
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung Galaxy does not receive text or calls outside Texas.  I was in Alaska, Colorado, North Carolina and no service.  Verizon says ALL plans have the same service area.

Re: problem with data in another state
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It concerns us to hear that you are having issues with your service outside of Texas. Have you tried to restart your phone to see if the issue continues? ~David

0 Likes
Pleasehelp7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had a very similar problem last week.   I crossed into Wisconsin from Illinois and the phone lost all service.   It spent 7 hours 'searching for network' until I returned to Illinois. 

Magically, the moment I crossed the border back into Illinois all service was restored.

What is going on?  Southeast Wisconsin is clearly in the Verizon service territory.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues. When did this start? What zip code are you in?-Joe

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how critical it is to stay connected, especially while traveling. We always want to make sure you can depend on your service, no matter where you are. I know that I just recently took a trip to Wisconsin from Illlinois, and I relied on my cell phone the entire trip. Let's make sure that you can as well. What ZIP codes were you in when having this issue? Did you try anything while this was happening, for instance, restarting you phone? -Rosie

0 Likes