spam direct to voicemail
hdelman

I've been getting spam voicemails.  My phone doesn't ring, I just get a "new voicemail" alert.  It is always the same message, about getting a loan.  I have no idea how a spammer can get a message directly into my voicemail, but is there a way to stop it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: spam direct to voicemail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your phone have an option to send all unknown numbers to voicemail? Could you have saved the number previous as a "Spam" Contact and set it to go directly to voicemail?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hdelman

I haven't done anything with regard to sending calls automatically to voice mail.  I routinely get calls from numbers not in my phone book due to my work.  And I do, occasionally, get calls where caller ID is blocked, so it can't be that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know its annoying  to get unwanted calls hdelman. We can help. You can block them online via your My-Verizon account. You can also try adding your number to the "Do Not Solicit" list https://www.donotcall.gov/ .

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hdelman

Unfortunately, I don't know the phone number of the spammer, since it never rings my phone.  Is there a way to determine the phone number from a voice mail message?  And BTW - I am on the "do not call" list.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If yo have Visual Voicemail, the number would be there, or show as unavailable or restricted.  If you have the standard voicemail, you can press "5" during the message playback and hear the date, time, and number (if available) of the caller.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unfortunately, we are unable check the phone number from the voice mail if they are calling blocked. They may be calling from an automatic dialer.

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hdelman

I'm surprised Verizon allows a caller to bypass my phone and go directly to my voicemail.  There ought to be a way to stop that!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hdelman, this would be frustrating for me too. It sounds like you may have a contact set up to go straight to voicemail. Go to your contacts and check the individual settings for the contact. In your contacts, you would check the caller settings and see if you have it set to go straight to voicemail or reject caller. Let us know if this helps.
CheriS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hdelman

This caller isn't in my address book.  I don't even know who it is!  It's a telemarketer.

0 Likes