voice mail
msgtedret

Anyone know how to change the number of rings before the call goes to voice mail?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: voice mail
Snn5
Legend

Typically, ringtimes are set to 20-30 sec and cannot be changed by the customer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Typically, ringtimes are set to 20-30 sec and cannot be changed by the customer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question msgtedret. Unfortunately, we do not have a way to extend the amount of rings before the calls go to voicemail. Was there a particular reason why you were looking to extend the amount of rings before going to voicemail?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
2mrsstarr

I also have this problem. When my phone rings, I hardly ever have time to get to my phone before it has hung up on the caller (or let them leave voicemail). It only rings 3 or 4 times. This is much shorter than any other phone I've ever had. Surely there is a way to extend this.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can definitely clarify the details about Voicemail, and how long the phone rings when someone calls you. All lines are set to a 30-second ringtime, which normally comes out to between -6 rings (one ring every 5 seconds, approximately). If you're in a location where your signal is weaker, it can take the phone longer to start ringing, which also lowers the amount of rings. I recommend making sure you power your phone off and on every couple of days. That keeps the registration "fresh" between the phone and the network. Please give that a try and monitor it, to see if you get another ring or two before Voicemail picks up. 

0 Likes