Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
voice mail
msgtedret

Anyone know how to change the number of rings before the call goes to voice mail?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: voice mail
Snn5
Legend

Typically, ringtimes are set to 20-30 sec and cannot be changed by the customer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Typically, ringtimes are set to 20-30 sec and cannot be changed by the customer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That's a great question msgtedret. Unfortunately, we do not have a way to extend the amount of rings before the calls go to voicemail. Was there a particular reason why you were looking to extend the amount of rings before going to voicemail?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
2mrsstarr

I also have this problem. When my phone rings, I hardly ever have time to get to my phone before it has hung up on the caller (or let them leave voicemail). It only rings 3 or 4 times. This is much shorter than any other phone I've ever had. Surely there is a way to extend this.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I can definitely clarify the details about Voicemail, and how long the phone rings when someone calls you. All lines are set to a 30-second ringtime, which normally comes out to between -6 rings (one ring every 5 seconds, approximately). If you're in a location where your signal is weaker, it can take the phone longer to start ringing, which also lowers the amount of rings. I recommend making sure you power your phone off and on every couple of days. That keeps the registration "fresh" between the phone and the network. Please give that a try and monitor it, to see if you get another ring or two before Voicemail picks up. 

0 Likes