ASUS ZenFone V - Mobile Network Drops Off
BRAVIT78

I recently purchased an ASUS ZenFone V.  I have had it for about a week on Thursday (11/30/17).  Over the last several days, I have noticed that the connection to Verizon's mobile network just drops off for no reason.  During this time, the phone says it cannot connect to Verizon's mobile network.  In fact, it seems to happen less than twenty-four (24) hours after the phone is turned on or restarted.  The phone's up time is usually between seventeen (17) and twenty-two (22) hours, then the mobile network just drops off.  Restarting the phone, gets the mobile network back up, but I will only end up having to reboot the phone again almost twenty-four (24) hours later.  Has anyone else run into and/or reported this issue with the ZenFone V?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: ASUS ZenFone V - Mobile Network Drops Off
JESCLE81

Thank you so much for posting I have been searching for someone else with this issue!! I purchased the Asus ZenFone V on Saturday the 25th of November Within an hour I was having this same issue. It happened on Sunday and Monday as well. So Monday evening I took it back to the store and they said it must be the Sim card and replaced it free of charge. However on Tuesday it happened again so I went back Tuesday evening and they replaced the entire phone. On Wednesday it happened again so we did a Factory reset to remove all apps that had been downloaded just in case. The issue happened again a couple hours after the reset and again this morning I have no signal. I see it happening more often than once every 24 hours I have had to reset it several times during the day. For me it seems like maybe when it is trying to switch from Wifi it is not able to get the mobile network back. I would love help with this issue if anyone has an answer or idea of what to try next?

Thank you!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Is this a Verizon branded phone? Meaning, has Verizon tested it and authorized it for use with their network?

If not, you may not get very far. Verizon certainly won't provide support for it.

0 Likes
JESCLE81

This phone is a Verizon Exclusive phone. Seems to me that it should work on their network. I could be wrong about that though.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If you bought it from Verizon then it should work on the network.

Have you contacted them about the issue?

0 Likes
JESCLE81

I cannot speak for the original poster of this thread however I did buy it directly from Verizon last Saturday the 25th of November. I went back to the store on Monday the 27th of November and they replaced the SIM card thinking the first was bad. That didn't work so I went back On Tuesday the 28th and they gave me an entirely new phone. It still happened on the 29th so we did a factory reset so we could make sure none of the apps were causing the issue. It is still happening today in fact I have had to restart the phone 3 times in the last hour in order to get service back. If you have any other ideas I would greatly appreciate them!

Thank you!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Is there a network timeout feature that if the phone is inactive it will disconnect?

All of this leads me to believe that there is a setting that does that or there is a software issue and not a hardware issue. The fail rate of these devices is about 1% and it is unlikely that you would receive 2 devices out of the box that are defective. It sounds more likely a software issue.

0 Likes
JESCLE81

There is some data saving and battery saving settings but they are all set to allow things to run while it is sleeping. I had a long chat with a Verizon tech and after adjusting some settings, resetting the network (he did on his end) and a second factory reset the problem was still not resolved...they are sending me yet a third phone. I do not believe this will fix the issue but you never know!! I will update you tomorrow once I have my new phone in hand.

Thanks again for all the help

0 Likes
BRAVIT78

As JESCLE81, mentioned, it is a Verizon Exclusive phone, so one would think it would work on Verizon's network and "Yes", I did buy it at a Verizon store (not an authorized re-seller).  I did bring the phone back to the Verizon store, and Verizon also tried a different SIM card; it did not fix the problem.  I have not asked Verizon about a replacement phone yet.

sprmankalel, I am also thinking that it might be a software issue.  From my observation, it almost seems like the radio for the mobile network just shuts off; or it goes into a "power saving" mode that it cannot wake up from.  I have also checked all power-related settings, to see if there was any "power saving" features, that were turning off either the mobile radio.  I have also done two factory resets on my phone, making sure to not install any apps afterwords; the mobile network still drops off within the time frame I originally specified.  At this point, my only guess might be that it is something software related.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It sounds definitely software related.

0 Likes