Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Activation incomplete on a replacement phone
Burroughs12

I'm trying to activate my replacement Galaxy Note 5. I followed all of the steps and retried the activation process several times but it still comes up as activation incomplete. My replacement phone came with a new sim card, and I've tried taking it out and putting it back in then trying again but nothing is working. I have Internet on my new phone, but still no calling or texts.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activation incomplete on a replacement phone
SuzyQ
Super User
Super User

Is the old phone powered off?  If the SIM card from the old phone is available, have you tried using that one?

Have you entered the new SIM card online (if using the new SIM in the replacement phone)? How, exactly are you trying to activate the new phone?

0 Likes
Burroughs12

Yes the old phone is powered off, and I have tried using the old sim but still the same problem. Originally I followed the instructions thay came with my replacement device which told me to call 1-877-807-4646 to activate my phone. I followed all the prompts and it said everything was successful and when i turned on my new device it went through the process of activating. It eventually said the activation was taking longer than expected and said i would be notified when it was complete. After that it said activation incomplete and i continued to cut it off and back on and try again still getting nowhere. I cut my old phone back on (while my replacement was off) and i could still text, call, and get on the internet. Then I tried swaping sim cards but it just tried to activate the old device. After trying it a few more times with the new sim card back in my internet started working on the new phone and the old phone has completely quit doing anything. Except i still cant make calls on my new phone. When i logged into my verizon account it shows a blank picture as my device and will not let me activate or change my device, or let me register the new sim. Also when I tried to make a call it says my sim is not registered or recognized.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Super User
Super User

Is wifi off?  I've found that the phone needs a single connection to the cellular network to fully and properly activate.  Turn wifi off, and use the cellular connection only.  Once it's activated, you can turn wifi back on to download and update apps over wifi.

0 Likes