After lollipop update, native email app and third party email apps cannot connect to email server over wifi, only on 4g
den110
Enthusiast - Level 2

Updated to lollipop yesterday.  Now I cannot access email server (POP3) on wifi, only over 4G.  This is happening on native email app and third party apps such as K9.  Any help appreciated.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: After lollipop update, native email app and third party email apps cannot connect to email server over wifi, only on 4g
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Re: After lollipop update, native email app and third party email apps cannot connect to email server over wifi, only on 4g
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We're terribly sorry to hear about the email issues. Let's get this resolved immediately. Since the update, have you tried to delete and re add the email account?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
den110
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have. It seems to be only happening on Wi-Fi. I have Wi-Fi at work and it also cannot retrieve emails. Only when I turn off Wi-Fi the email works on 4G. This is happening in both native email program and third party email programs. It is also happening on Gmail too.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I had seen that the correct answer in the link I sent you had helped many people with the same issue you have.  Did it not work for you?

0 Likes
den110
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, thank you. I had to enter the ip addresses of both incoming and outgoing email and it worked. Will there be a fix in the future?