Alarm silent when phone in vibrate mode. won't allow me to adjust the volume.
Wigman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been using this phone for 13 months exactly, and this last week my alarm stopped working. I like to have my ringer volume on vibrate when I am asleep with my alarm volume loud but now whenever I put the phone in vibrate mode, my alarm volume goes to silent and I can not adjust the volume until I turn the ringer volume back on. How can I fix this? Every Verizon or HTC person I've talked to recommends factory reset right off the bat, but I don't want to do that. That's like sending a nuclear bomb to fix one small problem so what else can I try?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Alarm silent when phone in vibrate mode. won't allow me to adjust the volume.
Wigman
Enthusiast - Level 2

well, answering my own question. I separately installed a clock app called "Alarm Clock Xtreme free" and in this app it has a setting called "Play alarm in Silent mode" that fixed what ever glitch was causing my other app my phone came with to not work properly. The problem is fixed and I am happy. I have not tried uninstalling the new clock app, but I am just using the built in phone clock app as my alarm still with the other app idly installed, specifically for the single check box.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Alarm silent when phone in vibrate mode. won't allow me to adjust the volume.
Wigman
Enthusiast - Level 2

well, answering my own question. I separately installed a clock app called "Alarm Clock Xtreme free" and in this app it has a setting called "Play alarm in Silent mode" that fixed what ever glitch was causing my other app my phone came with to not work properly. The problem is fixed and I am happy. I have not tried uninstalling the new clock app, but I am just using the built in phone clock app as my alarm still with the other app idly installed, specifically for the single check box.

0 Likes