Android 12 update on LG G8 Thinq
Ghostmale66
Hello! My LG G8 Thinq just received the Android 12 update about a week ago. I have noticed that I can no longer unlock my screen with the fingerprint scanner. It worked great before the update. Now, I must swipe the screen and enter my PIN to unlock

I have already gone to the security settings and turned them all off and back on again, but no change.

Any other suggestions before I try a factory reset? Thank you very much in advance!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android 12 update on LG G8 Thinq
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, dear! Thanks for reaching out! We do want to make sure your phone is working at its best! We'd be happy to dig deeper into the troubleshooting, and get your device working properly! Please, send us a Private Note, to get started!

*chance

0 Likes
CatatonicBug

0 Likes
CatatonicBug

I have exactly the same problem with the same phone. The fingerprint unlock feature works after the phone has been unlocked with a PIN, then manually locked. However, if I let the phone sit for any length of time, it will no longer unlock with the fingerprint reader. If you get a solution, please post it so I can fix mine as well!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi! Thank you for reaching Verizon! If you need assistance, please feel free to send PM, we're here for you 24/7!

>Ulises

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OK, are you still there?

>Alejandro

0 Likes