Android Nougat lost messages
unicorn512

As one of the unlucky folks who had a Samsung Note 7 (SN7), I have switched to a Google Pixel XL (PXL).  This also bumped me from Android 6 to 7. 

Most everything has transferred over -- except messages. I use Verizon Message+ and have access to it on my Windows 10 PC as well as my phone. After I switched over, ALL my old messages (many within last 90 days) disappeared from the PXL and the PC.  They still show on the SN7 which is running in airplane mode when I check.  I usually have it powered off and it's not getting new messages.  The SN7 is no longer registered to the Message + application. 

Before I wipe the SN7 - is there any way to get those messages back into the Message + system?  I have no idea how this happened or how to proceed to fix it.

The reason I suspect the upgrade to Nougat is that I had to switch from one SN7 to another before they completely recalled the SN7, and I didn't loose any messages in that switch over.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android Nougat lost messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use one of the many SMS Backup applications available in the Play Store to transfer the messages from the sn7 to the Pixel .

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use one of the many SMS Backup applications available in the Play Store to transfer the messages from the sn7 to the Pixel .

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
unicorn512

Thanks.  The Carbonite app for SMS worked perfectly for the messages on my phone, although I am not seeing the older ones on my PC (only the ones that came in on the PXL) and I thought the primary advantage of M+ was the cross platform synchronization. ???

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As far as I know, the Verizon Messages+ application will only sync the last 90 days worth of messages. Older messages are not synced.

0 Likes