Answer my phone the screen goes black
SimplyFy

Ever since I updated my phone software, I am having issues with incoming phone calls.  The phone rings, I answer it and the screen immediately goes black.  The call is not disconnected and if I press the power key on the back of my LG V10 phone, I can see the screen.  Why doesn't the screen stay 'active' when I answer the phone??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Answer my phone the screen goes black
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh goodness. I would be very concerned with my phone acting up like that too, SimplyFy, but I'm sure we'll find a solution. Is there anything blocking the proximity sensor near the top of the device screen? Does the screen go black during an outbound call too? Do you experience the same issue with the incoming call while your phone is in Safe Mode https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-200463/ ?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the proximity sensor blocked in any way?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SimplyFy

This issue occurs on both incoming and outgoing calls.  It does NOT occur in SAFE MODE.  Thanks for your help and advice.  I do NOT want to reset my phone to factory settings.  This seems to be a result of the recent software update.  Nothing has changed on my physical phone with the proxmity sensor, etc. since I owned it for at least two years.  It's seems it is not a physical issue. Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SimplyFy, we do understand that you do not want to perform a factory reset on your phone. However, hearing that this issue does not occur while in Safe-Mode confirms that the issue is software related.

The only way to correct that issue would be to perform the factory reset on your phone. However, you can save all your personal information on your phone using our Verizon Cloud service and app. Here is a link that will show you more about Verizon Cloud http://vz.to/2duwS3p

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Some things to try:

Did you try going into the Dialer app, calling up the menu (3 dots), Call settings and then hunt for the Show Keypad and turn on All calls?

If that doesn't work, try a System Cache Wipe (Google it) from the recovery/boot menu (this is not the same as a Application Cache Clear which is done via Settings | Application Manager). .

Then if that doesn't work, I think your last resort is the very thing you are avoiding... the FDR. It's often necessary to perform an FDR post-update on Android. We are "lucky" when we don't have to. Just back up your important stuff, write down your downloaded apps, get your username and pswds ready. If you have a micro SD card, remove it with the phone power off BEFORE you do the FDR as a precautionary step.

Good luck,

0 Likes