Anyone have issues with dropped messages when transferring to a new phone?
Robola

Upgraded from Droid Turbo 2 to Pixel 3. Transfers looked good as the process progressed. Checked transfers against originals and found many seemingly random skips within threads including photos with and without text and text only. This transfer was also from an old phone number to a new phone number.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone have issues with dropped messages when transferring to a new phone?
bearone21
Legend

what'd you use to transfer??

0 Likes
Robola

Initially, the Verizon sales guy did the transfer in-store. The old phone was also under Verizon. NO messages came across but I didn't see that until I got home. I figured it was due to the change in phone numbers. Fortunately I still had my working trade-in for the transition period. I then used the standard Verizon phone-to-phone transfer feature on the My Verizon app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Robola, I am terribly sorry to hear about the troubles that you are experiencing with the transfer process from your Droid Turbo 2 to your Google Pixel 3 device. I will definitely be more than happy to make sure that we do everything that we can to help with this here at Verizon Wireless. Just to clarify, did everything transfer from one phone to the other except for picture messages that were sent to you when using the Phone to Phone Content Transfer in the My Verizon app? 

Brett_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Robola

So, I noticed my messages were dropped seemingly randomly whether they contained pictures only, text only, or both. But since you've asked, my friend with whom I share the account and also upgraded last Saturday was al least missing pictures only. At least, that's all she's noticed (I.e. freeked out about). We're looking at a significant amount of time to comb through everything and recover what we can individually before we return our old phones for credit.

I haven't been able to do a thorough check of my music, documents, and photos yet, but it looks like the start and end samples match up.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to try a SMS Backup application available from the Play Store. I prefer this one. SMS Backup & Restore - Apps on Google Play

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Robola

Thanks Ann154. I've installed this on my friend's phone and am pretty sure it will work when restored to her new one because the phone numbers are the same. I can try on mine, too, but don't have much hope that I can restore to a phone with a different phone number. Will let you know.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i've used samsung smart switch, supposedly works on all platforms.

i've only used it from samsung to samsung & all messages, contacts, both lock/home screen pics xferred without any issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Robola, we know that your messages are important. Let's continue to work on this. Had you ever backed up your messages to the Verizon Cloud? Had you saved them to a memory card?

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes