Are refurbished tablets reliable?
dijear

My Samsung Tab S is not working properly.  It locks up and will not turn off.  I have to let the battery die and then recharge it again.  And for whatever odd reason, this usually occurs three times in succession, making the tablet unusable for at least 24 hours.  It is still under warranty.  If I send it for repair/replacement, I'm sure Verizon will replace it with a refurbished unit.  Anyone have opinions about refurbished tablets?  Are they reliable?  Do they hold up for a reasonable period of time (at least a year)?  I'm wondering if I should use the warranty before it expires or just put up with the tablet's issues. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Are refurbished tablets reliable?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

A brand new device comes off the assembly line, gets packaged and shipped then sold to the consumer. All usually without having been tested.

A Certified Like New Replacement goes through almost as many checks as a Certified PreOwned car. If not, more.

There is a high standard on replacements devices as the hope is that, if you need one, you shouldn't need another.

Now. First thing's first. Have you tried to factory reset the device?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

A brand new device comes off the assembly line, gets packaged and shipped then sold to the consumer. All usually without having been tested.

A Certified Like New Replacement goes through almost as many checks as a Certified PreOwned car. If not, more.

There is a high standard on replacements devices as the hope is that, if you need one, you shouldn't need another.

Now. First thing's first. Have you tried to factory reset the device?

0 Likes
dijear

Thank you and no, I have not done a factory reset.Under backup and reset/personal data, should I choose "factory data reset" or "reset settings"?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Factory Data Reset is the option you will want.

Just understand that this will erase everything off of the tablet. Pictures and videos that are not saved to a memory card or backed up to a cloud service will be lost.

0 Likes